Get away from the crowds: 6 incredible Hawaii vacation home rentals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You don’t have to leave the U.S. to find some of the best vacation and beach destinations the world has to offer — starting with Hawaii. Not only is Hawaii a destination that has something for everyone, but there are seven inhabitable main islands to choose from. There’s always somewhere new to explore in the Aloha State.
For more curated TPG travel tips and recommendations delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our free daily newsletter.
While deciding which Hawaiian island to hit can be tough, finding the perfect vacation home rental shouldn’t be, which is why we’ve rounded up a few of our favorites to get you started. From an off-the-grid tiny house to a once-in-a-lifetime beachfront splurge, these properties will have you packing your bags in no time.
Big adventure in a tiny house
Calling all tiny house fans: We’ve got the spot for you. This funky bungalow on the Big Island sits on the Kalapana lava beds near the base of Kilauea Volcano — bringing the adventure straight to your back door. The one-bedroom, one-bathroom house is off the grid yet packed with modern amenities. Be prepared to wake up to panoramic views and tons of natural light, and get a peek at Pele’s orange glow at night.
Rates start at $175/night.
If a great pool is at the top of your vacation list, this rental will likely be the end of your search. This property’s infinity pool is surrounded by lush flora and palm trees and provides ocean views for days. Modern island decor gives this private house a luxury resort feel — all for you and nine of your closest friends and family. The only problem? We have a feeling you won’t want to leave.
Rates start at $850/night.
Sun and sand on the Big Island
Go big or go home, right? This 5,400-square-foot property, which sleeps 10 with plenty of room to spare, is the place to do it. Guests can take their pick from four spacious bedrooms, all of which have en-suite bathrooms (and three of which have outdoor showers — pinch us!). The on-site infinity pool overlooks Puako Beach, which is just steps away and a prime spot for snorkeling. The indoor-outdoor resort-style layout means ocean breezes 24/7. There’s even a billiards table (with an ocean view) for when the weather calls for an indoor activity.
Rates start at $2,050/night.
Incredible indoor/outdoor living
This three-bedroom, three-bath 1940s-era plantation-style home in Maui sleeps six. It’s close to the beach and situated between Kalama Skate Park and Kamaole Beach Park III. The home itself is beautiful but you’ll love the backyard with a heated saltwater pool, a shaded living area and plenty of padded loungers for everyone. The home is surrounded by fruit trees and plumeria. The setting is perfect for a reunion of family or friends.
Rates start at $675/night.
Related: How to find the best Airbnb
Presidential paradise found
If it’s good enough for a former president (we’re looking at you President Obama), it’s good enough for us. Yes, this is a once-in-a-lifetime splurge, but one look at this five-bedroom property which sleeps up to 10 guests and you’ll understand why. This secluded villa has beach views that stretch on for days, a fully furnished gym and a lagoon pool with a waterfall, surrounded by lush trees that brings maximum privacy to your vacation getaway.
Rates start at $5,200/night.
A charming cottage that’s all action
You don’t have to be a millionaire to book a great vacation rental in Hawaii, and this charming cottage is proof. This cozy and cool property is centrally located for whatever adventure is on the day’s agenda, yet also comes with kayaks, stand-up paddleboards and access to the Wailua River for those looking to stay closer to home. If you’re in need of a beach fix, it’s only a short walk away.
Rates start at $205/night.
Vacations are precious times with friends and family — now more than ever. And Hawaii is the perfect destination if you’re looking for a change of scenery without leaving the U.S. Once you’ve nailed down which island is right for you, it’s time to think about accommodations. If you’re ready to start planning your next adventure, let these properties inspire you.
Feature photo by Madison Blancafor/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.