Save money with these travel-related offers on your credit cards this month
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
One of the ways to ensure that you’re getting continuous value from your rewards credit cards is by taking advantage of the targeted promotions available to you.
You may be most familiar with Amex Offers, which provide some excellent discounts on travel, retail and other transactions. However, other issuers have been stepping up their game recently, and we’ve seen some useful offers extended to people with cards from other companies.
In this monthly roundup, we’ll gather some of the most lucrative travel-related credit card promotions and discounts that we’ve found. But don’t forget to use a shopping portal, too, to potentially earn even more points, miles or cash back on your purchases.
Amex Offers is the most prolific and easy to understand program, and I’ve personally saved hundreds of dollars from these promotions over the years.
To view your offers, log into your online Amex account, scroll down to where you see a tab for, “Amex Offers & Benefits,” then click on the ones that are available to you and see which ones are of interest. If you find one you’d like to take advantage of, you can click the “Add to Card” button and you should be able to see the terms. Most of these have expiration dates and other conditions that you must meet.
Hopefully, you’re targeted for some of the following deals, as they can help you save big on upcoming travel:
- Air France/KLM: Spend $1,000 or more, get $200 back (expires June 5, 2022).
- Best Western Hotels & Resorts: Spend $100 or more, get $20 back (expires June 30, 2022).
- Hilton, Curio and Canopy Collection hotels: Spend $250 or more, get $50 back (expires June 30, 2022).
- Marriott International Luxury Brands: Spend $500 or more, get $100 back (expires June 30, 2022).
- Marriott Bonvoy: Spend $250 or more, get $50 back (expires June 30, 2022).
- JetBlue Airways: Spend $200 or more, get $80 back (expires July 12, 2022).
- Save at U.S. gas stations: Spend $35 or more, get $3 back — up to 5 times (expires July 15, 2022).
- Leading Hotels of the World: Spend $500 or more, get $100 back (expires July 15, 2022).
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts and Private Retreats Collection: Spend $750 or more, get $150 back (expires July 17, 2022).
- Hyatt Regency hotels: Spend $300 or more, get $60 back (expires July 18, 2022).
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad & Hilton LXR hotels: Spend $500 or more, get $100 back (expires July 31, 2022).
- The Saguaro Hotels: Spend $250 or more, get $50 back (expires July 31, 2022).
- The LINE Hotels: Spend $300 or more, get $60 back (expires July 31, 2022).
- American Queen Voyages: Spend $1,000 or more, get $300 back (expires Aug. 15, 2022).
- Celebrity Cruises: Spend $500 or more, get $175 back (expires Aug. 15, 2022).
- Viceroy Hotels and Resorts: Spend $300 or more, get $60 back (expires Aug. 16, 2022).
- Sonesta Hotels: Spend $250 or more, get $50 back (expires Aug. 31, 2022).
- Fairmont and Sofitel Hotels & Resorts: Spend $500 or more, get $100 back (expires August 31, 2022).
- Hotel ZaZa — Luxury Hotels in Texas: Spend $800 or more, get $200 back (expires August 31, 2022).
- Google Fi — Mobile Phone Plan: Spend $50 or more, get $25 back — up to 3 times (expires Sep. 2, 2022).
- Staypineapple Boutique Hotels: Spend $250 or more, get $50 back (expires Sep. 5, 2022).
- Park ‘N Fly: Spend $75 or more, get $15 back (expires Sep. 5, 2022).
- Lotte New York Palace Hotel: Spend $750 or more, get $150 back (expires Sep. 5, 2022).
- Turo: Spend $150 or more, get $30 back (expires September 18, 2022).
- Wynn Las Vegas & Encore Las Vegas: Spend $250 or more, get $50 back (expires Sep. 30, 2022).
- Stein Eriksen Lodge Deer Valley: Spend $500 or more, get $150 back (expires Sep. 30, 2022).
- Lotte Hotel Seattle: Spend $500 or more, get $100 back (expires Nov. 10, 2022).
Eligible cards and other details
All personal and small-business American Express cards are eligible for Amex Offers, though which offers you’re presented with will vary by card. This includes popular options like The Platinum Card® from American Express, the American Express® Gold Card and The Business Platinum® Card from American Express.
Capital One Offers
There are plenty of popular stores available on the Capital One Offers platform with discounts that do not have stated expiration dates. All of the savings will apply as statement credits to your eligible account. Here are the current travel-related offers you might be interested in:
- Best Western Hotels: 8% back.
- Booking.com: 5% back.
- Camping World: 3% back.
- CheapOair: up to $24 back.
- Choice Hotels: 5% back.
- Expedia: up to 5% back.
- Great Wolf Lodge: 2% back.
- Hertz: 6% back.
- Hotels.com: 4% back.
- Hotwire: up to 7% back.
- IHG: 5% back.
- Marriott Bonvoy: 4% back.
- Marriott Homes & Villas: 1% back.
- Orbitz: up to 5% back.
- Priceline: up to 6% back.
- Rentalcars.com: up to 10% back.
- RVshare: up to 6% back.
- Travelocity: up to 5% back.
- TravelPro: 5% back.
- Tripadvisor: 9% back.
- Vrbo: 5% back.
Eligible cards and other details
All consumer Capital One cards are eligible for Capital One Offers — including the Capital One Venture X Rewards Credit Card and the Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card. However, the issuer’s small-business cards do not participate.
Just as a forewarning, Capital One Offers can take quite some time to post to your account compared to the other issuers, which typically take just a few business days (at most). According to Capital One’s fine print, it can take up to three billing cycles to get the statement credit for a specific purchase. As long as you’re OK with footing the bill when using a Capital One Offer and not receiving the discount for up to three months, it’s still worth it to take advantage of these great promotions.
Chase Offers often have a quicker expiration date compared to other issuers, but you’ll frequently find great savings for everyday spending on everything from restaurants to travel purchases. Here are some of the current ones:
- Homes and Villas by Marriott: $100 back when you spend $100 or more (expires June 10, 2022).
- Hyatt: 15% back, with a $38 maximum (expires June 10, 2022).
- TripAdvisor: 20% back, with a $23 maximum (expires June 15, 2022).
Furthermore, Chase tends to provide promotions for many of the brands it already partners with — such as Hyatt or Instacart — so adding these offers allows you to double-dip your earnings. Your offers might vary depending on the specific cards you carry.
Eligible cards and other details
All Chase personal and business credit cards have the potential for Chase Offers. This includes popular options like the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card and Ink Business Preferred Credit Card along with no-annual-fee options like the Chase Freedom Unlimited and even cobranded cards like the World of Hyatt Credit Card and the United Explorer Card.
However, note that the number of targeted discounts will likely be larger on those cards you use most frequently, and like Amex, these must be activated before your purchase.
In addition, any percentage discounts often have a relatively small dollar cap on them — so be sure you read the full terms of each offer to know what you’ll get back.
Citi Merchant Offers
Citi Merchant Offers can provide solid value, but what you see across your cards can vary greatly from one product to another or from one customer to another. Here are some that are currently available.
- BP: $10 back on a purchase of $20 or more with the BPme app (expires June 30, 2022).
- Emergency Assistance Plus: $65 back on a purchase of $179 or more (expires June 30, 2022).
- Pilot / Flying J: 3.5% back on an in-store purchase of $25 or more (expires June 30, 2022).
- Uber: $10 back on any ride, available up to four times (expires June 30, 2022).
- UberOne: $9.99 back on a purchase of $9.99 or more, redeemable twice (expires June 30, 2022).
- Virgin Atlantic: $50 back on a purchase of $500 or more (expires June 30, 2022).
Related: The best Citi credit cards of 2022
I’ll always check my card offers before making a big purchase to make sure that I’m not missing out on any discounts. Additionally, these card offers have been helpful for when I need gift ideas around the holidays, as I’m able to get a solid discount on a purchase I might not have considered before.
And remember, just because you add an offer to your card doesn’t mean you have to make the purchase. It never hurts to have options, though.
We recommend that you make a habit of checking your card promotions on a regular basis, since they can easily help you save hundreds of dollars every year. Be sure to bookmark this page, as we update it monthly with the latest deals we’ve seen.
Featured photo by Oscar Wong/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees