Earn bonus American Airlines miles for shopping with new SimplyMiles program
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The portal is simple to use. You’ll register using your AAdvantage account number, enter your credit card number, then you’ll be taken to a page where you’ll see various shopping and dining offers to add to your account. Only U.S. residents are eligible, and you must use an American Airlines credit card (although AA says they’ll add more card options in the future).
Once you hit “Add to Card” to activate an offer and make an eligible purchase, you’ll earn AAdvantage bonus miles in addition to miles earned from your credit card.
Immediately after registering, I was presented with 30 offers from retailers such as Dyson, Olive Garden, Bare Minerals and more.
AAdvantage miles are worth 1.4 cents each, according to TPG’s most recent valuations. However, you should carefully consider whether it makes sense to make a purchase with an American Airlines card if it’s in a category that earns a bonus with other cards like restaurants or gas stations.
If you’re looking to add an American Airlines card to your wallet, both Citi and Barclays offer cobranded cards:
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard®: Earn 70,000 American Airlines miles after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first four months of account opening
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard®: Earn 50,000 American Airlines miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first three months of account opening
- American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp℠ Card: Earn 10,000 American Airlines miles and a $50 statement credit after you spend $500 on purchases in the first three months of account opening
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®: Earn 50,000 American Airlines miles after you spend $2,500 on purchases in the first three months of account opening
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard®: Earn 60,000 American Airlines miles after you make your first purchase and pay the annual fee in the first 90 days of account opening (offer ends Oct. 31, 2019)
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Business Mastercard®: Earn up to 60,000 American Airlines miles: Earn 50,000 miles after spending $1,000 in the first 90 days. Earn 10,000 miles when a purchase is made on an employee card
The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured photo courtesy of Patrick T. Fallon/Bloomberg via Getty Images
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees