Airline and Hotel Elite Status & Upgrade Essentials
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking for a fast-pass to elite status? Want to know the requirements . . . and the perks? Or if all the time and trouble it takes to get elite status is even worth it? Are you looking for upgrade advice on your upcoming flight? If so, you’re in the right place. See links to posts written by our highly knowledgeable team of points industry veterans, selected specifically to help you learn the ins and outs of airline and hotel elite status .
Elite Status Essentials – Airlines
Interested in learning the basics of elite status? Look no further:
- All Things Elite Status
- When Does Elite Status Reset and How Long Does It Last?
- Is Elite Status Worth Being Loyal to a Single Airline
Tips for become elite quickly:
Want to book through a credit card portal, but not sure if you’ll get airline miles or elite perks?
- Will I Get Airline Miles & Elite Benefits With Portal Bookings?
Comparing Elite Status – Airlines
Interested in elite status, but not sure which is best? See these posts:
Upgrade Essentials – Airlines
- All Things Upgrades
- Can I Upgrade a Ticket Booked with Points?
- How to Upgrade with Miles on AA, Delta, United and Alaska
- How to Upgrade on Flights with International Carriers
- Which is a Better Value for Miles: Flight Awards or Upgrades?
What’s Alaska Elite Status worth?
Trying to earn elite status, but expecting a child? Can’t travel?
What’s AA Elite Status worth?
Is it worth it? TPG himself is skeptical. Read about it, here:
Delta Air Lines
What’s Delta Elite Status worth?
Looking for a card to obtain elite status?
What’s JetBlue Elite Status Worth?
Make the most of your JetBlue Mosaic Status
What’s United Elite Status worth?
Looking for a way around the fees?
What’s Southwest Elite Status Worth?
Elite Status Essentials – Hotels
Looking for tips to become elite?
The right credit card will make it easier.
Is hotel elite status even worth it?
Comparing Elite Status – Hotels
Interested in the best — and most valuable — hotel elite status?
- Comparing Hotel Elite Status
Upgrade Essentials – Hotels
Increase your chances of getting upgraded with these tips:
What’s IHG Elite Status worth?
What’s World of Hyatt Elite Status worth?
What’s Hilton Honors Elite Status worth?
What’s Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Status worth?
What’s SPG Elite Status worth?
What’s Marriott Elite Status worth?
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Check out our guides or travel resources page. Still nothing? Shoot us an email and we’ll do our best to get back to you: email@example.com. If you’d like to see something added to this FAQ, send us a Facebook message with what you think we’re missing. If your request is popular with other readers we’ll add it!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees