This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking for a fast-pass to elite status? Want to know the requirements . . . and the perks? Or if all the time and trouble it takes to get elite status is even worth it? Are you looking for upgrade advice on your upcoming flight? If so, you’re in the right place. See links to posts written by our highly knowledgeable team of points industry veterans, selected specifically to help you learn the ins and outs of airline and hotel elite status .
Elite Status Essentials – Airlines
Interested in learning the basics of elite status? Look no further:
- All Things Elite Status
- When Does Elite Status Reset and How Long Does It Last?
- Is Elite Status Worth Being Loyal to a Single Airline
Tips for become elite quickly:
Want to book through a credit card portal, but not sure if you’ll get airline miles or elite perks?
Comparing Elite Status – Airlines
Interested in elite status, but not sure which is best? See these posts:
Upgrade Essentials – Airlines
- All Things Upgrades
- Can I Upgrade a Ticket Booked with Points?
- How to Upgrade with Miles on AA, Delta, United and Alaska
- How to Upgrade on Flights with International Carriers
- Which is a Better Value for Miles: Flight Awards or Upgrades?
What’s Alaska Elite Status worth?
Trying to earn elite status, but expecting a child? Can’t travel?
What’s AA Elite Status worth?
Is it worth it? TPG himself is skeptical. Read about it, here:
Delta Air Lines
What’s Delta Elite Status worth?
Looking for a card to obtain elite status?
What’s JetBlue Elite Status Worth?
Make the most of your JetBlue Mosaic Status
What’s United Elite Status worth?
Looking for a way around the fees?
What’s Southwest Elite Status Worth?
Elite Status Essentials – Hotels
Looking for tips to become elite?
The right credit card will make it easier.
Is hotel elite status even worth it?
Comparing Elite Status – Hotels
Interested in the best — and most valuable — hotel elite status?
Upgrade Essentials – Hotels
Increase your chances of getting upgraded with these tips:
What’s IHG Elite Status worth?
What’s World of Hyatt Elite Status worth?
What’s Hilton Honors Elite Status worth?
What’s Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Status worth?
What’s SPG Elite Status worth?
What’s Marriott Elite Status worth?
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Check out our guides or travel resources page. Still nothing? Shoot us an email and we’ll do our best to get back to you: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to see something added to this FAQ, send us a Facebook message with what you think we’re missing. If your request is popular with other readers we’ll add it!
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards