This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking for a fast-pass to elite status? Want to know the requirements . . . and the perks? Or if all the time and trouble it takes to get elite status is even worth it? Are you looking for upgrade advice on your upcoming flight? If so, you’re in the right place. See links to posts written by our highly knowledgeable team of points industry veterans, selected specifically to help you learn the ins and outs of airline and hotel elite status .
Elite Status Essentials – Airlines
Interested in learning the basics of elite status? Look no further:
- All Things Elite Status
- When Does Elite Status Reset and How Long Does It Last?
- Is Elite Status Worth Being Loyal to a Single Airline
Tips for become elite quickly:
Want to book through a credit card portal, but not sure if you’ll get airline miles or elite perks?
Comparing Elite Status – Airlines
Interested in elite status, but not sure which is best? See these posts:
Upgrade Essentials – Airlines
- All Things Upgrades
- Can I Upgrade a Ticket Booked with Points?
- How to Upgrade with Miles on AA, Delta, United and Alaska
- How to Upgrade on Flights with International Carriers
- Which is a Better Value for Miles: Flight Awards or Upgrades?
What’s Alaska Elite Status worth?
Trying to earn elite status, but expecting a child? Can’t travel?
What’s AA Elite Status worth?
Is it worth it? TPG himself is skeptical. Read about it, here:
Delta Air Lines
What’s Delta Elite Status worth?
Looking for a card to obtain elite status?
What’s JetBlue Elite Status Worth?
Make the most of your JetBlue Mosaic Status
What’s United Elite Status worth?
Looking for a way around the fees?
What’s Southwest Elite Status Worth?
Elite Status Essentials – Hotels
Looking for tips to become elite?
The right credit card will make it easier.
Is hotel elite status even worth it?
Comparing Elite Status – Hotels
Interested in the best — and most valuable — hotel elite status?
Upgrade Essentials – Hotels
Increase your chances of getting upgraded with these tips:
What’s IHG Elite Status worth?
What’s World of Hyatt Elite Status worth?
What’s Hilton Honors Elite Status worth?
What’s Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Status worth?
What’s SPG Elite Status worth?
What’s Marriott Elite Status worth?
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Check out our guides or travel resources page. Still nothing? Shoot us an email and we’ll do our best to get back to you: email@example.com. If you’d like to see something added to this FAQ, send us a Facebook message with what you think we’re missing. If your request is popular with other readers we’ll add it!
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees