This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking for a fast-pass to elite status? Want to know the requirements . . . and the perks? Or if all the time and trouble it takes to get elite status is even worth it? Are you looking for upgrade advice on your upcoming flight? If so, you’re in the right place. See links to posts written by our highly knowledgeable team of points industry veterans, selected specifically to help you learn the ins and outs of airline and hotel elite status .
Elite Status Essentials – Airlines
Interested in learning the basics of elite status? Look no further:
- All Things Elite Status
- When Does Elite Status Reset and How Long Does It Last?
- Is Elite Status Worth Being Loyal to a Single Airline
Tips for become elite quickly:
Want to book through a credit card portal, but not sure if you’ll get airline miles or elite perks?
Comparing Elite Status – Airlines
Interested in elite status, but not sure which is best? See these posts:
Upgrade Essentials – Airlines
- All Things Upgrades
- Can I Upgrade a Ticket Booked with Points?
- How to Upgrade with Miles on AA, Delta, United and Alaska
- How to Upgrade on Flights with International Carriers
- Which is a Better Value for Miles: Flight Awards or Upgrades?
What’s Alaska Elite Status worth?
Trying to earn elite status, but expecting a child? Can’t travel?
What’s AA Elite Status worth?
Is it worth it? TPG himself is skeptical. Read about it, here:
Delta Air Lines
What’s Delta Elite Status worth?
Looking for a card to obtain elite status?
What’s JetBlue Elite Status Worth?
Make the most of your JetBlue Mosaic Status
What’s United Elite Status worth?
Looking for a way around the fees?
What’s Southwest Elite Status Worth?
Elite Status Essentials – Hotels
Looking for tips to become elite?
The right credit card will make it easier.
Is hotel elite status even worth it?
Comparing Elite Status – Hotels
Interested in the best — and most valuable — hotel elite status?
Upgrade Essentials – Hotels
Increase your chances of getting upgraded with these tips:
What’s IHG Elite Status worth?
What’s World of Hyatt Elite Status worth?
What’s Hilton Honors Elite Status worth?
What’s Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Status worth?
What’s SPG Elite Status worth?
What’s Marriott Elite Status worth?
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Check out our guides or travel resources page. Still nothing? Shoot us an email and we’ll do our best to get back to you: email@example.com. If you’d like to see something added to this FAQ, send us a Facebook message with what you think we’re missing. If your request is popular with other readers we’ll add it!
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees