Qatar to Launch Qsuite to Chicago as of April 1, 2018
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways will begin flying its Qsuite business-class product to Chicago (ORD) beginning later this year. The carrier quietly made a change in its seat map showing that it’s going to launch its new business-class product, which is widely considered to be the best in the sky, between Doha (DOH) and ORD beginning April 1, 2018, on one of its Boeing 777-300ERs.
As One Mile at a Time reports, the route will be the longest operated by a product featuring Qsuite — coming in at 7,133 miles. Beginning April 1, 2018, the Qsuite-equipped 777-300ER will operate on the following schedule:
- QR725 Doha (DOH) 8:10am Departure ⇒ Chicago (ORD) 2:55pm Arrival
- QR726 Chicago (ORD) 6:50pm Departure ⇒ Doha (DOH) 4:10pm (+1) Arrival
Qatar didn’t officially make this announcement, however it did change the seat map on its ORD-bound aircraft beginning April 1. Quietly changing seat maps is also how the carrier announced it would launch Qsuite to Washington, DC (IAD), so it’s entirely possible that this Qsuite route will launch. In addition, Qsuite stops showing up on the route following May 31, 2018, but it’s possible that’s just because Qatar hasn’t built out its schedule any further yet.
With the addition of Chicago (ORD), Qatar now offers Qsuite on three US routes — New York (JFK), Washington, DC (IAD) and Chicago (ORD). In addition, the carrier also flies Qsuite on its routes to London (LHR), Paris (CDG) and Seoul (ICN).
Not only do the carrier’s 777-300ER aircraft offer Qsuite, but Qatar’s latest A350-900 and A350-1000 aircraft also feature the seat. For now, Qatar is flying its new Qsuite-equipped A350-1000 to London (LHR). But, it soon plans to launch the aircraft on routes to the “East Coast.”
At each seat, Qsuite passengers get their own sliding door for privacy, fine dining options, access to a premier lounge in Doha, top-notch amenities and the option to turn the center two seats into a “honeymoon seat” bed. When TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig tried out the product, he was blown away.
As for this new Qsuite route to Chicago (ORD), there seems to be some decent award availability on the Doha-bound leg. Check out this post for complete details on how to search and book Qsuite with miles. Your best bet is to use AAdvantage miles for a one-way business-class ticket on the route, which will cost you 70,000 miles. If you’re looking to book with AAdvantage miles, you’ll need to call AA to do so.
This is good news for travelers based in the Chicago area who are looking to test out Qsuite. Rather than having to get to New York or Washington, DC, to try it out, there will soon be an option right at ORD — at least temporarily. Of course, there is the chance that this is an error on Qatar’s part and the Qsuite-equipped 777-300ER wasn’t supposed to appear on this route. However, the roll-out for the product has been smooth up until this date, so it’s entirely possible that Qatar does intend to have its Qsuite on the route.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees