This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways’ new business-class product, Qsuite, may be the best product of its kind flying today. In December, the carrier will bring its Qsuite business class to its first North American destination in New York (JFK), and next year, flyers can expect another North American destination to be added. From January 16 through March 23, 2018, the Qatar site shows that the airline will operate Qsuites between Doha (DOH) and Washington – Dulles (IAD).
Qatar has yet to make a formal announcement that it will be operating its Qsuites-equipped 777-300ER on the route. However, its seatmap is showing that the product will be offered. If you’re looking to try out the Qsuite product, the 77W will operate on the QR707/708 frequencies. This is what the operating schedule looks like:
- QR707 Doha (DOH) 8:20am Departure ⇒ Washington – Dulles (IAD) 2:50pm Arrival
- QR708 Washington – Dulles (IAD) 8:00pm Departure ⇒ Doha (DOH) 4:35pm (+1) Arrival
As of now, the Qsuite product is appearing on Qatar’s schedule between DOH and IAD only between January 16 and March 23, 2018. After that date, the route switches back to one of Qatar’s 777-300ER aircraft that’s not equipped with Qsuites, with seats arranged in a 2-2-2 configuration.
Although it appears to be temporary at this point, IAD is a surprising route addition from Qatar. In September, the carrier announced it would begin flying Qsuites to New York (JFK) in December 2017. In addition, Qsuites is offered between DOH and Paris (CDG) and DOH and London (LHR), its launch route.
At each seat, Qsuites passengers get their own sliding door for privacy, fine dining options, access to a premier lounge in Doha, top-notch amenities and the option to turn the center two seats into a “honeymoon seat” bed. When TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig tried out the product, he was blown away.
Check out this post for complete details on how to search and book Qsuites with miles. Your best bet is to use AAdvantage miles for a one-way business-class ticket on the route, which will cost you 70,000 miles. There appears to be some award availability in both directions, and if you’re looking to book with AAdvantage miles, you’ll need to call AA to do so.
This is good news for travelers based in the Washington metro area who are looking to test out Qsuites. Rather than having to get to New York to try it out, there will soon be an option right at IAD — at least temporarily. Of course, there is the chance that this is an error on Qatar’s part and the Qsuite-equipped 777-300ER wasn’t supposed to appear on this route. However, the roll-out for the product has been smooth up until this date, so it’s entirely possible that Qatar does intend to have its Qsuites on the route.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards