Qatar Flying Qsuite-Equipped A350-1000 to London, East Coast Soon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways just took delivery of the very first A350-1000 — the first for Airbus and the airline alike — in Toulouse, France, on Tuesday afternoon. In addition, airline CEO Akbar Al Baker announced that the new Qsuite-equipped Airbus will soon launch on routes to the East Coast of the United States, in addition to the inaugural airport of London Heathrow (LHR), which will get the first A350-1000 scheduled flight this Saturday.
The A350-1000 is an extended-length version of the A350-900, which Qatar has been flying since 2015. The plane adds 44 seats, plus the airline’s phenomenal Qsuite business class, with sliding doors and a unique quad configuration that lets four passengers combine their suites. See my review of Qsuite on the 777-300ER for a detailed look at the best biz in the industry.
Al Baker confirmed that the US “East Coast” will be the next A350-1000 destination, though he wasn’t clear about which city will get the plane first, and when it’ll launch. It’s most likely that the plane will replace the -900, though, which is currently flying to Boston (BOS), Miami (MIA), New York-JFK and Philadelphia (PHL).
Stay tuned for much more from Qatar’s A350-1000 delivery, including a tour of the plane later today, followed by reports from the ferry flight to Doha (DOH) tomorrow. TPG and I will be covering both events live on social media — follow along with @thepointsguy on Instagram and Twitter, along with my own Instagram and Twitter accounts.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.