The Museum of Ice Cream Heads South to Miami This December
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Museum of Ice Cream (aka every Instagrammer’s dream) is slated to open a fourth location in Miami this December — right in time for Art Basel. The pop-up “museum” has made its way to major cities around the country after a very well-received opening in New York City in 2016. Its mission, according to MOIC, is to “design environments that bring people together and provoke imagination.”
The museum acts as a selfie-haven, complete with millennial-pink walls, ice cream sandwich swings, a sprinkle pool and dangling ice cream cone lights — just to name a few of the selfie-friendly features. Their official Instagram account has over 261,000 followers and there are nearly 100,000 posts with hashtag #MuseumOfIceCream. To date, over 500,000 people have visited the museum in the three cities where its been open, with that number sure to grow once the Miami pop-up opens. Celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Gwyneth Paltrow, Katy Perry and, yes, the Carter family, have all been — and selfied — at the MOIC.
At the first location in NYC, tickets sold out in five days with prices starting at $18. With the announcement of the most recent pop-up in San Francisco, tickets for the six-month run sold out in 90 minutes and prices nearly doubled to $38 per ticket.
The Miami MOIC will be located in the Faena District in the Mid-Beach neighborhood in a four-story Art Deco building. Expect ocean views from the museum and MOIC’s founder and creative director, Maryellis Bunn, hopes that the Miami location will make visitors “embrace their imagination and creativity,” according to a press release.
Tickets for the Miami pop-up go on sale November 14 for Art Basel attendees, and November 15 for American Express cardholders with The Platinum Card as the official card of the MOIC. General ticket sales begin November 17. The price per ticket remains at $38 and can only be purchased in advance only. Doors for the MOIC Miami open December 13; hurry before it sells out like NYC, LA and SF all did.
Featured image courtesy of The Museum of Ice Cream
Have you been to one of the Museum of Ice Cream locations? Let us know in the comments below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.