The Museum of Ice Cream Heads South to Miami This December
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Museum of Ice Cream (aka every Instagrammer’s dream) is slated to open a fourth location in Miami this December — right in time for Art Basel. The pop-up “museum” has made its way to major cities around the country after a very well-received opening in New York City in 2016. Its mission, according to MOIC, is to “design environments that bring people together and provoke imagination.”
The museum acts as a selfie-haven, complete with millennial-pink walls, ice cream sandwich swings, a sprinkle pool and dangling ice cream cone lights — just to name a few of the selfie-friendly features. Their official Instagram account has over 261,000 followers and there are nearly 100,000 posts with hashtag #MuseumOfIceCream. To date, over 500,000 people have visited the museum in the three cities where its been open, with that number sure to grow once the Miami pop-up opens. Celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Gwyneth Paltrow, Katy Perry and, yes, the Carter family, have all been — and selfied — at the MOIC.
At the first location in NYC, tickets sold out in five days with prices starting at $18. With the announcement of the most recent pop-up in San Francisco, tickets for the six-month run sold out in 90 minutes and prices nearly doubled to $38 per ticket.
The Miami MOIC will be located in the Faena District in the Mid-Beach neighborhood in a four-story Art Deco building. Expect ocean views from the museum and MOIC’s founder and creative director, Maryellis Bunn, hopes that the Miami location will make visitors “embrace their imagination and creativity,” according to a press release.
Tickets for the Miami pop-up go on sale November 14 for Art Basel attendees, and November 15 for American Express cardholders with The Platinum Card as the official card of the MOIC. General ticket sales begin November 17. The price per ticket remains at $38 and can only be purchased in advance only. Doors for the MOIC Miami open December 13; hurry before it sells out like NYC, LA and SF all did.
Featured image courtesy of The Museum of Ice Cream
Have you been to one of the Museum of Ice Cream locations? Let us know in the comments below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees