This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bay Area ice cream lovers, rejoice. The famed Museum of Ice Cream pop-up, which originally launched in New York City in 2016 before continuing on to open a location in Los Angeles, is opening an outpost in San Francisco. But you might have to wait a bit to get in.
The pop-up museum, which sold out in a few hours in both NYC and LA, is set to open its Bay Area location on September 17 — and tickets are officially sold out until October 30. Tickets must be purchased in advance of your visit and cost $38 for all ages. A check of the museum’s site showed a sold-out notice, but if you sign up for the museum’s newsletter, you will be notified if more become available.
The museum, which features both physical interactive displays and digital displays of ice cream goodness, will open close to San Francisco’s Union Square (1 Grant Ave.), and will feature new additions compared to what was previously offered in both NYC and LA. If you go, you’ll be able to check out the magical candy garden, psychedelic rainbow unicorns and, of course, the sprinkle pool filled with more than 100 million sprinkles that the museum is known for.
Featured image by Katie Gibbs the Museum of Ice Cream.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards