This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bay Area ice cream lovers, rejoice. The famed Museum of Ice Cream pop-up, which originally launched in New York City in 2016 before continuing on to open a location in Los Angeles, is opening an outpost in San Francisco. But you might have to wait a bit to get in.
The pop-up museum, which sold out in a few hours in both NYC and LA, is set to open its Bay Area location on September 17 — and tickets are officially sold out until October 30. Tickets must be purchased in advance of your visit and cost $38 for all ages. A check of the museum’s site showed a sold-out notice, but if you sign up for the museum’s newsletter, you will be notified if more become available.
The museum, which features both physical interactive displays and digital displays of ice cream goodness, will open close to San Francisco’s Union Square (1 Grant Ave.), and will feature new additions compared to what was previously offered in both NYC and LA. If you go, you’ll be able to check out the magical candy garden, psychedelic rainbow unicorns and, of course, the sprinkle pool filled with more than 100 million sprinkles that the museum is known for.
Featured image by Katie Gibbs the Museum of Ice Cream.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees