The Museum of Ice Cream Is Opening in San Francisco — But Is Sold Out Until October
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Bay Area ice cream lovers, rejoice. The famed Museum of Ice Cream pop-up, which originally launched in New York City in 2016 before continuing on to open a location in Los Angeles, is opening an outpost in San Francisco. But you might have to wait a bit to get in.
The pop-up museum, which sold out in a few hours in both NYC and LA, is set to open its Bay Area location on September 17 — and tickets are officially sold out until October 30. Tickets must be purchased in advance of your visit and cost $38 for all ages. A check of the museum’s site showed a sold-out notice, but if you sign up for the museum’s newsletter, you will be notified if more become available.
The museum, which features both physical interactive displays and digital displays of ice cream goodness, will open close to San Francisco’s Union Square (1 Grant Ave.), and will feature new additions compared to what was previously offered in both NYC and LA. If you go, you’ll be able to check out the magical candy garden, psychedelic rainbow unicorns and, of course, the sprinkle pool filled with more than 100 million sprinkles that the museum is known for.
Featured image by Katie Gibbs the Museum of Ice Cream.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees