7 Traveling Foodies You Should Be Following on Instagram
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Whether snapping a photograph of a local dish from the streets of Thailand or a five-star meal from a swanky hotel in London, these influential globetrotters and food-lovers at heart share our insatiable thirst for travel and #foodporn. Somehow, they manage to make us drool and trigger wanderlust with every Instagram post. Here are seven of our favorite traveling foodies to follow.
Who: Mark Wiens
Why You Should Follow Him: Weins’ upbringing undoubtedly had a major influence on his love and passion for travel and food. Born in Arizona, he moved to to several countries as an adolescent — including France, Kenya and the Democratic Republic of the Congo — and it was his time in the Congo that led to his interest in different cultures and exotic cuisines. Today, Weins lives in Thailand, where he spends his time exploring Bangkok with his family. While his photographs are diverse, he tends to focus on the authentic local cuisines from all the destinations he visits, whether it’s local meat from a stand in Bangkok or duck fry from a local haunt in Mumbai. His mantra, “travel for food,” is evident throughout his Instagram feed and YouTube channel, Migrationology.
Where You’ll Find Him: Somewhere near the street food markets of Bangkok.
Who: Melissa Hie
What: Feast your eyes on the world’s most incredible food and stunning landscapes with Hie’s feed. What makes her account so tasty is the framework of her food posts; the meals she snaps are juxtaposed with a perfect backdrop of natural scenery, providing a cultural context to what she’s eating. From mouthwatering 32cm ice cream cones in Myeong-dong, South Korea, to wild strawberries shot in the mountains of Ukraine, Hie takes us around the world with her, one post at a time.
Where You’ll Find Her: Melissa is based in Singapore, but there’s a good chance she’s exploring irresistible treats across Southeast Asia.
Who: Marcus Nilsson
What: Former chef-turned-award-winning food photographer, Nilsson definitely thinks outside the box when traveling the world and shooting his experiences. As someone who has spent time on both sides of the restaurant experience, Nilsson knows how to effortlessly capture food for his feed. His spectacular photos are refreshing and seemingly new, as he uses the on-camera flash technique when taking pictures — his posts capture whatever he eats, wherever that may be. It doesn’t matter if he’s snapping photos abroad or at home in Brooklyn, you’ll want to go where he goes — and have what he’s having.
What: Finding Alice has become our favorite thing to do on Instagram. Beyond being a major foodie, Alice is a globetrotter who believes home is anywhere you want it to be. Her candid style, adventurous attitude and love of food transcends through her posts, filling us with wanderlust — and travel envy.
Where You’ll Find Her: Snapping her way across five continents, 43 countries, 400 cities and counting.
Who: Lindsey Tramuta
What: Book author, journalist and pro ‘grammer, Tramuta is a frequent contributor to The New York Times Magazine, The New York Times, Afar, Condé Nast Traveler, Bon Appétit and other major publications, and uses her feed to share where and what to eat in Paris, a city that’s now home to the Philadelphia native. Indulge in her delicious captures of travel destinations and delicious treats.
Who: James Thompson
What: Thompson’s pictures capture all aspect of food and travel from the many street markets, cafés, bars, restaurants and hotels he visits. His feed is a testament to what you can do with just an iPhone by mastering perfect lighting and angles, finding the perfect balance between food porn, in-your-face shots and more stylized captures. Just one look at his Instagram will have you wanting to expand your palate.
Where You’ll Find Him: Bouncing between London and Sydney.
Who: Jo Yee
What: Long before sharing her food snaps with us via IG, Jo Yee was a freelance photographer based in Boston. Shortly after, she crossed the pond and learned how to cook, control the camera and embrace life in London. Since then, Yee mastered how to capture the character of her meals at the many restaurants she visits and her Instagram feed reads like a multi-page spread in a culinary lifestyle magazine, featuring some of the city’s best talent and edible creations. We could spend all day scrolling through pics of the places she wanders and the things she eats.
Where You’ll Find Her: Jo Yee is based in London and her photographs feature the best eats in her home city.
Who are your favorite foodies to follow on Instagram? Tell us about them, below.
Featured image of kanelbulle by Marcus Nilsson via Instagram.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees