8 Incredible New York City Airbnbs for Every Style and Budget
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Planning a trip to New York City can be daunting. Luckily, the city is loaded with Airbnbs in all five boroughs with deals for everyone, whether you’re an extravagant spender or a budget-minded traveler. No matter where you want to stay, we’ve got you covered.
Value Deals (less than $200 per night)
This charming loft is a great deal for anyone who wants to explore both Brooklyn and Manhattan. It’s near the Williamsburg bridge — just one subway stop from Manhattan — and in the heart of Williamsburg, which means it’s close to restaurants, galleries and nightlife. The space is an oasis of peace and tranquility, making this one of our top picks for an amazing value. Rates from $138 per night.
This charming apartment is so close to Central Park you might spend as much time there as you do in this cozy abode — it’s also near plenty of museums and restaurants, making it a great base for exploring the city. Plus, the room comes with a pull-out sofa, so there’s plenty of room for you and a couple of friends to crash. Rates from $155 per night.
You won’t be able to beat this modern gem at such an affordable price. Located in the heart of Chelsea, this attractive apartment can fit up to four people. Plus, it’s close to art galleries and surrounded by an active nightlife scene, so there’s no excuse to not use this apartment to its full potential. Rates from $125 per night.
Mid-Tier ($200-$350 per night)
This brightly colored Brooklyn loft is the perfect apartment for a romantic getaway. Located in north Greenpoint in the Box House Hotel, this brightly lit living space features large windows, hardwood floors and a mix of contemporary and antique furniture. Rates from $232 per night, with a minimum three-night stay required.
Despite its Western decor, this “Urban Cowboy” luxury apartment is located in a 100-year-old classic East Village building. The living room and kitchen are open spaces, so this pad has plenty of room for guests to hang out and enjoy their surroundings. It’s also filled with notable amenities — don’t miss the heated tiles in the bathroom or the chance to soak in its large Jacuzzi tub. Rates from $345 per night with a minimum three-night stay required.
High Roller ($350+ per night)
You won’t want to leave this apartment after you check out the amazing views. Located near the border of Midtown and the Upper East Side, it’s easy to find anything from museums and art galleries to bustling buildings and tranquil parks nearby. Rates from $400 per night with a minimum three-night stay required.
This huge Upper West Side apartment has rustic charm and tons of unique artwork and decor — it also sleeps up to eight people in the sprawling space. Beatlemaniacs and music lovers in general will love its proximity to Strawberry Fields in Central Park, a memorial to the late, great John Lennon, who lived nearby in The Dakota. Rates from $399 per night.
One word: Views. This immaculately decorated penthouse with a private terrace is worth every penny, and can fit up to six guests in its two bedrooms and large, open living area. Enjoy views of the skyline from any of the rooms — the master bedroom also provides a closer look at the Chrysler building. If and when you decide to venture out, it’s located on elegant Park Avenue, putting you within walking distance of some of the best shopping and restaurants in the city. Rates from $636 to $1,000 per night depending on your dates, with a minimum two-night stay required.
Maximize Your Purchase
There are plenty of ways to maximize your stay with points and miles. If you’ve never used Airbnb before, sign up through TPG to get $40 off your first booking — and the gravy train doesn’t stop there. Book through the Delta portal and earn 1 SkyMile for every dollar spent on your stay, and make sure to charge the purchase to a travel rewards card to rack up extra points. Using a card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred will get you 2x points on all travel purchases while the Chase Sapphire Reserve will get you 3x points on an Airbnb stay. When you combine the two, you’re effectively double-dipping with your points earning.
Prices are accurate as of publication date but are subject to change. All photos courtesy of Airbnb; featured image by Cem Ozdel / Anadolu Agency / Getty Images.
What are some of your favorite things to do in New York City? Sound off, below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.