Delta Unveils New Airport Code-Themed Mural
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this summer, Delta tried to help Brooklynites find love on a street corner at Williamsburg’s #DeltaDatingWall. Now that mural is gone and in its place, 133 unique airport codes — representing every single city that Delta services out of John. F Kennedy (JFK) and LaGuardia (LGA) airports — adorn the corner of Wythe Avenue and North 10th Street.
Illustrated by London-based artist Celyn Brazier and created by advertising agency Wieden+Kennedy, the doodled codes capture each city’s flavor through symbols, themes and motifs. Philadelphia (PHL), for example, boasts a Liberty Bell’d letter P, a Rocky-at-the-Art-Museum letter H and a cheesesteak-ified letter L.
Brazier admitted to TPG that making each code was its own adventure, saying that he didn’t know what would work until he tried. “My approach is to shoe-horn an unlikely association into a letterform and hope that it works,” Brazier said in an email.
The finished product is certainly a sight to behold — Brazier calls it “a discombobulated cornucopia of travel inspiration” — with many secrets that could be easily missed without a good, long look.
But Delta wants to reward those that do take the time, and according to Wieden + Kennedy, the airline is offering prizes on Instagram to those who are able to spot the mural’s “needle in the haystack” items — like an ear of Iowan corn or the Big Apple. Not to mention, Delta has created a Facebook Shoppable post and Snapchat filters. The airline’s wall will be up now through August 27 and for those enthused enough to show off their hometown code, there’s merch for sale as well.
Featured image courtesy of Wieden+Kennedy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.