Delta Wants To Help You Land a Tinder Date
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Apparently, if your Tinder profile photo depicts you as a “worldwide jet-setter,” data suggests that you’re more likely to be swiped right, according to AdFreak. And the easiest way to earn such a moniker — if you don’t have the cash or points — is to fake your trip to Europe by striking a pose in front of Delta Air Line’s #DeltaDatingWall.
If you’re in New York City, you can “travel” to nine exotic destinations: San Francisco, Hawaii, Italy, the UK, Amsterdam, Moscow, Zurich, Mexico and Paris — all without ever leaving the city. Delta’s wall, located in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, features photo backdrops of each tourist hotspot.
Throughout the summer, the airline is encouraging singles to make the subway trek and update their social media with the #DeltaDatingWall hashtag. And it seems like a few people have already started their “journey” as seen in the Instas below:
🌙 wish I was a witch traveling with my magic broom 💨 #deltadatingwall @delta @tinder @wknyc . . . . . . #delta#datingwall#advertising#ads#wallart#walldrawing#wallpainting#nyc#williamsburg#brooklyn#travel#instablogger#instavlogger#jump#cool#instapic#instaphoto#summervibes#summerfun#newyork#art#funny#instafunny#girl#explore#williamsburgbrooklyn#selfie
A post shared by Yuchen Ye (Charlene) (@charleneyyc) on
DELTA DATING WALL | N.Y. ✈️ Here’s a match that no one saw coming… @tinder matched up with @delta to create this new interactive project! ✨Tap the link above to see where this mural resides and when their “single-centric” event will be. 👆🏽| 📷: @mattchuupicchu #deltadatingwall
A post shared by The Venue Report (@thevenuereport) on
A post shared by Michelle Karpman (@thephotofaerie) on
The advertising firm behind the campaign, Wieden + Kennedy, discovered that over half of the single people interviewed revealed that their favorite thing to do is travel. While the wall features some pretty cool art, it’s pretty obvious that the background is in fact not the real Eiffel Tower. In all fairness, you’re probably better off sparing your future date the deception by saving some points and actually making the trek to Paris.
Meant to be a fun way to boost your Tinder profile, it’s primarily intended to boast Delta‘s status of having the most destinations to fly to of any airline leaving New York City. Maybe one day that seemingly tacky photo you took against a wall in Brooklyn will lead you to your next date, destination — or both.
Would you pose in front of the #DeltaDatingWall? Tell us in the comments below:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.