Delta Wants To Help You Land a Tinder Date
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Apparently, if your Tinder profile photo depicts you as a “worldwide jet-setter,” data suggests that you’re more likely to be swiped right, according to AdFreak. And the easiest way to earn such a moniker — if you don’t have the cash or points — is to fake your trip to Europe by striking a pose in front of Delta Air Line’s #DeltaDatingWall.
If you’re in New York City, you can “travel” to nine exotic destinations: San Francisco, Hawaii, Italy, the UK, Amsterdam, Moscow, Zurich, Mexico and Paris — all without ever leaving the city. Delta’s wall, located in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, features photo backdrops of each tourist hotspot.
Throughout the summer, the airline is encouraging singles to make the subway trek and update their social media with the #DeltaDatingWall hashtag. And it seems like a few people have already started their “journey” as seen in the Instas below:
? wish I was a witch traveling with my magic broom ? #deltadatingwall @delta @tinder @wknyc . . . . . . #delta#datingwall#advertising#ads#wallart#walldrawing#wallpainting#nyc#williamsburg#brooklyn#travel#instablogger#instavlogger#jump#cool#instapic#instaphoto#summervibes#summerfun#newyork#art#funny#instafunny#girl#explore#williamsburgbrooklyn#selfie
A post shared by Yuchen Ye (Charlene) (@charleneyyc) on
DELTA DATING WALL | N.Y. ✈️ Here’s a match that no one saw coming… @tinder matched up with @delta to create this new interactive project! ✨Tap the link above to see where this mural resides and when their “single-centric” event will be. ??| ?: @mattchuupicchu #deltadatingwall
A post shared by The Venue Report (@thevenuereport) on
A post shared by Michelle Karpman (@thephotofaerie) on
The advertising firm behind the campaign, Wieden + Kennedy, discovered that over half of the single people interviewed revealed that their favorite thing to do is travel. While the wall features some pretty cool art, it’s pretty obvious that the background is in fact not the real Eiffel Tower. In all fairness, you’re probably better off sparing your future date the deception by saving some points and actually making the trek to Paris.
Meant to be a fun way to boost your Tinder profile, it’s primarily intended to boast Delta‘s status of having the most destinations to fly to of any airline leaving New York City. Maybe one day that seemingly tacky photo you took against a wall in Brooklyn will lead you to your next date, destination — or both.
Would you pose in front of the #DeltaDatingWall? Tell us in the comments below:
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees