Delta Wants To Help You Land a Tinder Date
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Apparently, if your Tinder profile photo depicts you as a “worldwide jet-setter,” data suggests that you’re more likely to be swiped right, according to AdFreak. And the easiest way to earn such a moniker — if you don’t have the cash or points — is to fake your trip to Europe by striking a pose in front of Delta Air Line’s #DeltaDatingWall.
If you’re in New York City, you can “travel” to nine exotic destinations: San Francisco, Hawaii, Italy, the UK, Amsterdam, Moscow, Zurich, Mexico and Paris — all without ever leaving the city. Delta’s wall, located in the Williamsburg neighborhood of Brooklyn, features photo backdrops of each tourist hotspot.
Throughout the summer, the airline is encouraging singles to make the subway trek and update their social media with the #DeltaDatingWall hashtag. And it seems like a few people have already started their “journey” as seen in the Instas below:
? wish I was a witch traveling with my magic broom ? #deltadatingwall @delta @tinder @wknyc . . . . . . #delta#datingwall#advertising#ads#wallart#walldrawing#wallpainting#nyc#williamsburg#brooklyn#travel#instablogger#instavlogger#jump#cool#instapic#instaphoto#summervibes#summerfun#newyork#art#funny#instafunny#girl#explore#williamsburgbrooklyn#selfie
A post shared by Yuchen Ye (Charlene) (@charleneyyc) on
DELTA DATING WALL | N.Y. ✈️ Here’s a match that no one saw coming… @tinder matched up with @delta to create this new interactive project! ✨Tap the link above to see where this mural resides and when their “single-centric” event will be. ??| ?: @mattchuupicchu #deltadatingwall
A post shared by The Venue Report (@thevenuereport) on
A post shared by Michelle Karpman (@thephotofaerie) on
The advertising firm behind the campaign, Wieden + Kennedy, discovered that over half of the single people interviewed revealed that their favorite thing to do is travel. While the wall features some pretty cool art, it’s pretty obvious that the background is in fact not the real Eiffel Tower. In all fairness, you’re probably better off sparing your future date the deception by saving some points and actually making the trek to Paris.
Meant to be a fun way to boost your Tinder profile, it’s primarily intended to boast Delta‘s status of having the most destinations to fly to of any airline leaving New York City. Maybe one day that seemingly tacky photo you took against a wall in Brooklyn will lead you to your next date, destination — or both.
Would you pose in front of the #DeltaDatingWall? Tell us in the comments below:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees