For One Week Only: Zip Line From the Eiffel Tower
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Eiffel Tower: city landmark, national symbol and now, for one week only, home to an epic zip line?
Visitors to the famous French monument now have the opportunity to zip line from the Eiffel Tower to L’École Militaire, a 375-foot journey that patrons — flying through the air at 55mph — will complete in about a minute.
This bizarre tourist attraction, available only until Sunday, June 11, is sponsored by Perrier as a part of the company’s French Open festivities. It’s being called (appropriately enough) “Le Perrier Smash,” as it demonstrates to riders a tennis ball’s flight through the air. Don’t get too excited about taking a ride on it though; the lucky few were already chosen in an online ballot last week. Still, it’s fun to watch. Check out the video below for a closer look.
H/T: The Telegraph
Featured image courtesy of Francois Guillot via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.