Emirates Hit a Home Run With This Incredible New First-Class Suite
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
WOW. At this point, words can’t describe how outstanding Emirates’ new first-class suite really is. So until I can gather my thoughts, all I can say is… WOW.
I just had a chance to tour the airline’s brand-new Boeing 777-300ER on Sunday at the Dubai Air Show, and it’s absolutely incredible. First class, that is — business maintains the subpar 2-3-2 configuration, and economy is super tight with 3-4-3 seating throughout. But these first-class Suites are just out of this world.
I’ll be sharing an in-depth tour on our Facebook page later Sunday, so stay tuned for that, but in the meantime, here’s a preview to tide you over.
Update: Here’s the Facebook Live tour as well:
The 777 is the first Emirates plane to get these new Suites — there are just six onboard, in the same space the airline uses to accommodate eight Suites on the older version.
The attention to detail is really breathtaking — from the textured wall panel to the lighting to the window treatments, Emirates didn’t spare any expense when designing this new product.
It’s also quite spacious — no, the 777 Suite isn’t on par with Singapore’s new A380 Suite or Etihad’s Apartment, but it’s by far the roomiest mini-cabin I’ve ever seen on a Boeing plane. Center Suites also offer virtual windows, with a live feed from outside the plane. It’s really something to behold.
You can still move about with the bed extended, even when the Suite door is closed.
You also don’t feel too closed-in during the meal service.
Much of the design is a real innovation for airplane interiors. I’ve never seen a pop-up vanity quite like this, for example, and a special slide-up panel on the side makes it possible for flight attendants to deliver meals and other items without opening the main door.
Some Emirates exclusives make an appearance here as well — the mini-bar is present, and has even been extended, with a cabinet on each side of the huge 32-inch screen.
Unlike the previous Suite, however, this new model is fully enclosed — it even has its own ceiling, and overhead lighting, too.
Another first is the video-chat ordering system. A button on the 13-inch tablet connects you directly to the galley, and you can have a two-way video conference with a flight attendant, making it possible to place a food or beverage order without interacting face-to-face — if that’s what you’d prefer.
Here it is in action:
And here’s the galley interface. Pretty slick!
Emirates President Sir Tim Clark, pictured in the photo below, was instrumental in the new Suite’s development — his vision really made the product excel here.
This really is an incredible first-class product. And, it launches in just a few weeks with inaugural flights from Dubai (DXB) to Brussels (BRU) and Geneva (GVA) on December 1. I’ve booked Suite 1E on the very first flight, so stay tuned for a full review!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.