Emirates Hit a Home Run With This Incredible New First-Class Suite
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
WOW. At this point, words can’t describe how outstanding Emirates’ new first-class suite really is. So until I can gather my thoughts, all I can say is… WOW.
I just had a chance to tour the airline’s brand-new Boeing 777-300ER on Sunday at the Dubai Air Show, and it’s absolutely incredible. First class, that is — business maintains the subpar 2-3-2 configuration, and economy is super tight with 3-4-3 seating throughout. But these first-class Suites are just out of this world.
I’ll be sharing an in-depth tour on our Facebook page later Sunday, so stay tuned for that, but in the meantime, here’s a preview to tide you over.
Update: Here’s the Facebook Live tour as well:
The 777 is the first Emirates plane to get these new Suites — there are just six onboard, in the same space the airline uses to accommodate eight Suites on the older version.
The attention to detail is really breathtaking — from the textured wall panel to the lighting to the window treatments, Emirates didn’t spare any expense when designing this new product.
It’s also quite spacious — no, the 777 Suite isn’t on par with Singapore’s new A380 Suite or Etihad’s Apartment, but it’s by far the roomiest mini-cabin I’ve ever seen on a Boeing plane. Center Suites also offer virtual windows, with a live feed from outside the plane. It’s really something to behold.
You can still move about with the bed extended, even when the Suite door is closed.
You also don’t feel too closed-in during the meal service.
Much of the design is a real innovation for airplane interiors. I’ve never seen a pop-up vanity quite like this, for example, and a special slide-up panel on the side makes it possible for flight attendants to deliver meals and other items without opening the main door.
Some Emirates exclusives make an appearance here as well — the mini-bar is present, and has even been extended, with a cabinet on each side of the huge 32-inch screen.
Unlike the previous Suite, however, this new model is fully enclosed — it even has its own ceiling, and overhead lighting, too.
Another first is the video-chat ordering system. A button on the 13-inch tablet connects you directly to the galley, and you can have a two-way video conference with a flight attendant, making it possible to place a food or beverage order without interacting face-to-face — if that’s what you’d prefer.
Here it is in action:
And here’s the galley interface. Pretty slick!
Emirates President Sir Tim Clark, pictured in the photo below, was instrumental in the new Suite’s development — his vision really made the product excel here.
This really is an incredible first-class product. And, it launches in just a few weeks with inaugural flights from Dubai (DXB) to Brussels (BRU) and Geneva (GVA) on December 1. I’ve booked Suite 1E on the very first flight, so stay tuned for a full review!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees