This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This past Friday, Emirates took delivery of its 100th Airbus A380. That special day would have also been a good occasion to roll out the airline’s brand-new suites, but it just wasn’t meant to be. Instead, the refreshed first-class product will make its debut on the Boeing 777-300ER — and now we know when and where it’ll fly.
First, a bit about the new suite. Currently, Emirates’ 777s feature a total of eight suites in a 1-2-1 configuration. They’re fantastic, in my opinion, and very competitive with what other carriers offer on Boeing’s largest twinjet:
These suites aren’t quite as appealing when compared to what Etihad and now Singapore offer on their Airbus A380s, though, so it’s time for Emirates to catch up with the competition. While Emirates has kept a tight lid on this major aircraft overhaul, which will also include new business and economy products, the carrier will finally unveil its new suites and other seats this coming Sunday, November 12. There will be just six suites in the updated cabins, arranged in a 1-1-1 configuration. Though we don’t know the details of the new suites at this time, Emirates’ current first-class product provides a pretty spectacular experience:
After that, it won’t be long before you’ll actually be able to fly these refreshed planes — the first flights depart Dubai (DXB) on December 1, 2017, operating the following frequencies to Brussels (BRU) and Geneva (GVA):
- EK183 Dubai (DXB) 8:20am Departure → Brussels (BRU) 12:45pm Arrival
- EK184 Brussels (BRU) 2:35pm Departure → Dubai (DXB) 12:15am (+1) Arrival
- EK83 Dubai (DXB) 2:50pm Departure → Geneva (GVA) 6:55pm Arrival
- EK84 Geneva (GVA) 8:40pm Departure → Dubai (DXB) 6:05am (+1) Arrival
I’m eager to see the new suites, and the new business and economy products as well. TPG managing editor Alberto Riva and I will be there for the big event in Dubai, so stay tuned for an up-close look at the new suites and seats this coming Sunday.
Featured image is of the current first-class product, on Emirates’ 100th A380.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees