Emirates Confirms Inaugural Routes for New First-Class Suites
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This past Friday, Emirates took delivery of its 100th Airbus A380. That special day would have also been a good occasion to roll out the airline’s brand-new suites, but it just wasn’t meant to be. Instead, the refreshed first-class product will make its debut on the Boeing 777-300ER — and now we know when and where it’ll fly.
First, a bit about the new suite. Currently, Emirates’ 777s feature a total of eight suites in a 1-2-1 configuration. They’re fantastic, in my opinion, and very competitive with what other carriers offer on Boeing’s largest twinjet:
These suites aren’t quite as appealing when compared to what Etihad and now Singapore offer on their Airbus A380s, though, so it’s time for Emirates to catch up with the competition. While Emirates has kept a tight lid on this major aircraft overhaul, which will also include new business and economy products, the carrier will finally unveil its new suites and other seats this coming Sunday, November 12. There will be just six suites in the updated cabins, arranged in a 1-1-1 configuration. Though we don’t know the details of the new suites at this time, Emirates’ current first-class product provides a pretty spectacular experience:
After that, it won’t be long before you’ll actually be able to fly these refreshed planes — the first flights depart Dubai (DXB) on December 1, 2017, operating the following frequencies to Brussels (BRU) and Geneva (GVA):
- EK183 Dubai (DXB) 8:20am Departure → Brussels (BRU) 12:45pm Arrival
- EK184 Brussels (BRU) 2:35pm Departure → Dubai (DXB) 12:15am (+1) Arrival
- EK83 Dubai (DXB) 2:50pm Departure → Geneva (GVA) 6:55pm Arrival
- EK84 Geneva (GVA) 8:40pm Departure → Dubai (DXB) 6:05am (+1) Arrival
I’m eager to see the new suites, and the new business and economy products as well. TPG managing editor Alberto Riva and I will be there for the big event in Dubai, so stay tuned for an up-close look at the new suites and seats this coming Sunday.
Featured image is of the current first-class product, on Emirates’ 100th A380.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel