Emirates Confirms Inaugural Routes for New First-Class Suites
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This past Friday, Emirates took delivery of its 100th Airbus A380. That special day would have also been a good occasion to roll out the airline’s brand-new suites, but it just wasn’t meant to be. Instead, the refreshed first-class product will make its debut on the Boeing 777-300ER — and now we know when and where it’ll fly.
First, a bit about the new suite. Currently, Emirates’ 777s feature a total of eight suites in a 1-2-1 configuration. They’re fantastic, in my opinion, and very competitive with what other carriers offer on Boeing’s largest twinjet:
These suites aren’t quite as appealing when compared to what Etihad and now Singapore offer on their Airbus A380s, though, so it’s time for Emirates to catch up with the competition. While Emirates has kept a tight lid on this major aircraft overhaul, which will also include new business and economy products, the carrier will finally unveil its new suites and other seats this coming Sunday, November 12. There will be just six suites in the updated cabins, arranged in a 1-1-1 configuration. Though we don’t know the details of the new suites at this time, Emirates’ current first-class product provides a pretty spectacular experience:
After that, it won’t be long before you’ll actually be able to fly these refreshed planes — the first flights depart Dubai (DXB) on December 1, 2017, operating the following frequencies to Brussels (BRU) and Geneva (GVA):
- EK183 Dubai (DXB) 8:20am Departure → Brussels (BRU) 12:45pm Arrival
- EK184 Brussels (BRU) 2:35pm Departure → Dubai (DXB) 12:15am (+1) Arrival
- EK83 Dubai (DXB) 2:50pm Departure → Geneva (GVA) 6:55pm Arrival
- EK84 Geneva (GVA) 8:40pm Departure → Dubai (DXB) 6:05am (+1) Arrival
I’m eager to see the new suites, and the new business and economy products as well. TPG managing editor Alberto Riva and I will be there for the big event in Dubai, so stay tuned for an up-close look at the new suites and seats this coming Sunday.
Featured image is of the current first-class product, on Emirates’ 100th A380.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees