8 (More!) AvGeeks to Follow on Instagram
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Everyone has a little bit of an AvGeek in them — especially the crew at The Points Guy. Whether you enjoy watching planes as they fly overhead or you know just about everything surrounding aviation, we want to share some of our favorite Instagrams of people just like us — those who love being in the air more than on the ground. Some of these #AvGeeks are independent pilots and others are simply lovers of big birds who travel often. Take a look at these travel-lovers below and hopefully they’ll inspire a little more AvGeek-iness in your life; here are eight (more) accounts to follow.
Laird Kay is one of the most innovative AvGeeks we’ve come across to date. He’s bringing aviation to every aspect of his life: travel, photography and fashion. Laird’s feed is filled with beautiful images of planes from the sky, the ground and anywhere in between and his quirky voice is perfect for his images of giant birds and matches perfectly with his unique aesthetic. Laird has even brought aviation into a seemingly new arena for aviation: fashion. He has his own clothing line, specifically with aviation enthusiasts in mind, called Very Plane Clothes.
This commercial 747 pilot’s Instagram is too good not to be listed in #AvGeek’s to follow. His love for traveling and exploring new places is as amazing as his images. Matin often posts picture from the cockpit, highlighting every AvGeek’s dream on a major airplane. His pictures demonstrate his access to some of the coolest perks when it comes to flying; the best are pictures he has from the runway — especially when it shows a flight he piloted where the passengers were cattle instead of humans.
Marina Lystseva is a professional photographer who is passionate about three things when it comes to her art: travel, aviation and cats. (Don’t worry, the latter is on a separate page and this Instagram account is just dedicated to her space and aviation photography.) Her images are heavily saturated in bright colors, making them eye-catching. Additionally, she has a unique eye for capturing planes at different angles in both the sky and on the ground. It also looks like she has a thing for unique planes covered in graphic art. This is the perfect IG account to follow if you want a dose of the atypical.
This AvGeek is a self-proclaimed citizen of the sky and based off his Instagram, we believe him every step, or mile, of the way. Sam Chui is a travel blogger who says that travel and aviation are his life and based on his photos, that’s the truth: There are as many pictures of his travels as there are of him on planes. And every time he travels, he’s doing so in style, flying business or first class on elite airlines.
This aviation journalist always seems to be on the go, capturing the next best image. Vasco Garcia provides all his beautiful images with a lengthy caption describing where he was when he captured it and what was happening in the photo. He makes his love of detail apparent in every image. Follow this journalist if you want to follow amazing images by an experienced and knowledgeable AvGeek.
This travel blogger wears many hats, according to her Instagram: adventurer, photographer, physician and pilot. It’s obvious Sonia Sani stays busy, but that hasn’t taken away from her posting amazing pictures to her Instagram from around the world. She even has a YouTube channel with videos from the cockpit as well as from her travels. Take the ride with Sonia, and give her a follow.
This young Parisian pilot is living every young adult’s dream — she has two planes of her own, her “toys” as she calls them, and travels around the world taking selfies from her cockpit. It’s clear from Mathilde’s Instagram feed that she’s obsessed with aviation and that she rather be up in the clouds alone than hanging on the ground with everyone else. Follow along to see where Mathilde’s journeys take her.
You’ll never guess how old this points and miles expert is — legally not quite an adult at 17, Zac George is surely one of the youngest points and miles experts out there. He’s a luxury travel blogger who reviews first and business class products from around the world. His feed is filled with images from beautiful suites on various leading airlines. Take a look at his blog for extra information on how to lead a luxury life at a young age; it’s never too early! Give this guy a follow, but be careful because he will absolutely give you travel envy.
Feature image by Marina Lystseva
Who are your favorite AvGeeks to follow? Let us know in the comments below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees