8 (More!) AvGeeks to Follow on Instagram
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Everyone has a little bit of an AvGeek in them — especially the crew at The Points Guy. Whether you enjoy watching planes as they fly overhead or you know just about everything surrounding aviation, we want to share some of our favorite Instagrams of people just like us — those who love being in the air more than on the ground. Some of these #AvGeeks are independent pilots and others are simply lovers of big birds who travel often. Take a look at these travel-lovers below and hopefully they’ll inspire a little more AvGeek-iness in your life; here are eight (more) accounts to follow.
Laird Kay is one of the most innovative AvGeeks we’ve come across to date. He’s bringing aviation to every aspect of his life: travel, photography and fashion. Laird’s feed is filled with beautiful images of planes from the sky, the ground and anywhere in between and his quirky voice is perfect for his images of giant birds and matches perfectly with his unique aesthetic. Laird has even brought aviation into a seemingly new arena for aviation: fashion. He has his own clothing line, specifically with aviation enthusiasts in mind, called Very Plane Clothes.
This commercial 747 pilot’s Instagram is too good not to be listed in #AvGeek’s to follow. His love for traveling and exploring new places is as amazing as his images. Matin often posts picture from the cockpit, highlighting every AvGeek’s dream on a major airplane. His pictures demonstrate his access to some of the coolest perks when it comes to flying; the best are pictures he has from the runway — especially when it shows a flight he piloted where the passengers were cattle instead of humans.
Marina Lystseva is a professional photographer who is passionate about three things when it comes to her art: travel, aviation and cats. (Don’t worry, the latter is on a separate page and this Instagram account is just dedicated to her space and aviation photography.) Her images are heavily saturated in bright colors, making them eye-catching. Additionally, she has a unique eye for capturing planes at different angles in both the sky and on the ground. It also looks like she has a thing for unique planes covered in graphic art. This is the perfect IG account to follow if you want a dose of the atypical.
This AvGeek is a self-proclaimed citizen of the sky and based off his Instagram, we believe him every step, or mile, of the way. Sam Chui is a travel blogger who says that travel and aviation are his life and based on his photos, that’s the truth: There are as many pictures of his travels as there are of him on planes. And every time he travels, he’s doing so in style, flying business or first class on elite airlines.
This aviation journalist always seems to be on the go, capturing the next best image. Vasco Garcia provides all his beautiful images with a lengthy caption describing where he was when he captured it and what was happening in the photo. He makes his love of detail apparent in every image. Follow this journalist if you want to follow amazing images by an experienced and knowledgeable AvGeek.
This travel blogger wears many hats, according to her Instagram: adventurer, photographer, physician and pilot. It’s obvious Sonia Sani stays busy, but that hasn’t taken away from her posting amazing pictures to her Instagram from around the world. She even has a YouTube channel with videos from the cockpit as well as from her travels. Take the ride with Sonia, and give her a follow.
This young Parisian pilot is living every young adult’s dream — she has two planes of her own, her “toys” as she calls them, and travels around the world taking selfies from her cockpit. It’s clear from Mathilde’s Instagram feed that she’s obsessed with aviation and that she rather be up in the clouds alone than hanging on the ground with everyone else. Follow along to see where Mathilde’s journeys take her.
You’ll never guess how old this points and miles expert is — legally not quite an adult at 17, Zac George is surely one of the youngest points and miles experts out there. He’s a luxury travel blogger who reviews first and business class products from around the world. His feed is filled with images from beautiful suites on various leading airlines. Take a look at his blog for extra information on how to lead a luxury life at a young age; it’s never too early! Give this guy a follow, but be careful because he will absolutely give you travel envy.
Feature image by Marina Lystseva
Who are your favorite AvGeeks to follow? Let us know in the comments below.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.