This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Back in January, Hyatt acquired Miraval Resort and Spa in Tucson, Arizona and today Hyatt is announcing that the property will be joining World of Hyatt. Miraval boasts a spectacular mountain location and is known as a leading wellness resort.
You’ll now be able to book this property with Hyatt points, use your two free nights from the Hyatt Credit Card (if you signed up for the card before June 29, after which the sign-up bonus will be 40,000 points after you spend $2,000 within the first three months of account opening) and earn Hyatt points on paid stays.
Starting today, World of Hyatt (WOH) members can earn 5 base points per eligible dollar spent on stays, spa purchases and activities. WOH members will be able to redeem points at the rates below:
- Standard room – 45,000 points per night or 22,500 points + $450 per night
- Suite – 75,000 points per night
- 20,000 points per night will be added for any room with double occupancy
Point redemption rates are pretty high, as Category 7 Hyatt properties max out at 30,000 points per night. That said, you will be eligible for a $175 resort credit per person, per day along with unlimited meals, snacks and wellness activities and classes. Members with elite status will also be eligible for other benefits like room upgrades and bonus points on paid stays.
Hyatt representatives said that cash rates start at $399/night in the low season, although we are are seeing prices start at $519 in other parts of the year. You’ll be paying $299 per person for double occupancy, or $598/night in low season. A suite will run you $789 per night, and you can’t use Points + Cash to book this room type.
Miraval is offering two promotions from now through September 15. If you book you book a paid stay of at least three nights, you’ll receive your 4th night free, although there are some restrictions. The second promo applies to award stays at Miraval, where you’ll receive 50% of your points back after you’ve completed your stay.
Featured image courtesy of the Miraval Resort and Spa.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 points! With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 60,000 point sign up bonus worth up to $1,200 in value, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards