This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today is a special day for the Boeing Company, and particularly for the 787 program. At around 9:30 am ET, the first 787-10, the largest version of the 787 family, took flight for the first time, nearly 4 years after the 787-9 made its maiden voyage. In celebration of the 787, we thought it would be fitting to write about the 787 for this week’s crazy aviation video.
This week, we take you into the flight deck of a 787 high over the Atlantic Ocean to watch the sun rise over the horizon. This stunning two-minute timelapse video covers a two-hour period, beginning in the dark, and continuing to capture a glorious sunrise, followed by the approach and landing at London Gatwick (LGW). The video captures the beauty of watching the sun rise at 35,000 feet — it’s a sight you won’t soon forget.
What’s nicest sunrise or sunset you’ve seen inflight? Tell us below!
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees