Watch the Sun Climb Over the Horizon From the Cockpit of a 787 Dreamliner
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Today is a special day for the Boeing Company, and particularly for the 787 program. At around 9:30 am ET, the first 787-10, the largest version of the 787 family, took flight for the first time, nearly 4 years after the 787-9 made its maiden voyage. In celebration of the 787, we thought it would be fitting to write about the 787 for this week’s crazy aviation video.
This week, we take you into the flight deck of a 787 high over the Atlantic Ocean to watch the sun rise over the horizon. This stunning two-minute timelapse video covers a two-hour period, beginning in the dark, and continuing to capture a glorious sunrise, followed by the approach and landing at London Gatwick (LGW). The video captures the beauty of watching the sun rise at 35,000 feet — it’s a sight you won’t soon forget.
What’s nicest sunrise or sunset you’ve seen inflight? Tell us below!
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.