How to Donate Amex Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards to Points for Peace
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I just returned from an amazing PeaceJam trip this weekend in Guatemala — the charity hosted a conference with Nobel Peace Prize winner Rigoberta Menchú Tum. And to say I had an unbelievable time is an understatement. Rigoberta is such an inspiration; I think all who attended were moved by her teachings. (Complete details coming soon.)
Points for Peace is off to a great start; we’ve received so many generous contributions since we started the initiative last month. We’ve also added two new ways to donate: through our SoulCycle rides for Peace in New York and Miami, and through Singapore Airlines, which pledged to match reader donations up to 250,000 KrisFlyer miles.
You can learn more about Points for Peace and how it works with PeaceJam by listening to a talk I gave on KTU Cares, a program on 103.5 FM KTU, an iHeartRadio station in the New York City area. Listen to the full talk below:
In an ongoing effort to make it even easier for you to get involved, we’ve also made it possible to donate Amex Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards to PeaceJam through each of their respective donation platforms. If you have an excess of Membership Rewards or ThankYou Rewards, either through sign-up bonuses or spending, this is a great cause for you to put them to use.
With these two new outlets, you can donate significantly smaller amounts of points than if you were to donate through the Points for Peace website — for both Amex and Citi, the minimum donation is 1,000 points. If you donate your points through Amex Membership Rewards, there’s a box that reads “Designate my donation” where you should indicate Points for Peace.
Although the redemption rates you’ll be getting from the donation of your ThankYou Rewards and Membership Rewards aren’t the most lucrative, they are going to an amazing cause. This could be a great use of your points or miles, say, if you signed up for a credit card and didn’t quite meet the minimum spend required for the sign-up bonus.
Here’s a sample 25,000-point donation I made with my Citi ThankYou Rewards. The process is simple and I highly encourage you to do the same. Donating your Membership Rewards or ThankYou Rewards to Points for Peace can make all the difference in shaping our youth through the teachings of Nobel Peace Prize laureates.
As always, if you gave any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.