How to Donate Amex Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards to Points for Peace
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I just returned from an amazing PeaceJam trip this weekend in Guatemala — the charity hosted a conference with Nobel Peace Prize winner Rigoberta Menchú Tum. And to say I had an unbelievable time is an understatement. Rigoberta is such an inspiration; I think all who attended were moved by her teachings. (Complete details coming soon.)
Points for Peace is off to a great start; we’ve received so many generous contributions since we started the initiative last month. We’ve also added two new ways to donate: through our SoulCycle rides for Peace in New York and Miami, and through Singapore Airlines, which pledged to match reader donations up to 250,000 KrisFlyer miles.
You can learn more about Points for Peace and how it works with PeaceJam by listening to a talk I gave on KTU Cares, a program on 103.5 FM KTU, an iHeartRadio station in the New York City area. Listen to the full talk below:
In an ongoing effort to make it even easier for you to get involved, we’ve also made it possible to donate Amex Membership Rewards and Citi ThankYou Rewards to PeaceJam through each of their respective donation platforms. If you have an excess of Membership Rewards or ThankYou Rewards, either through sign-up bonuses or spending, this is a great cause for you to put them to use.
With these two new outlets, you can donate significantly smaller amounts of points than if you were to donate through the Points for Peace website — for both Amex and Citi, the minimum donation is 1,000 points. If you donate your points through Amex Membership Rewards, there’s a box that reads “Designate my donation” where you should indicate Points for Peace.
Although the redemption rates you’ll be getting from the donation of your ThankYou Rewards and Membership Rewards aren’t the most lucrative, they are going to an amazing cause. This could be a great use of your points or miles, say, if you signed up for a credit card and didn’t quite meet the minimum spend required for the sign-up bonus.
Here’s a sample 25,000-point donation I made with my Citi ThankYou Rewards. The process is simple and I highly encourage you to do the same. Donating your Membership Rewards or ThankYou Rewards to Points for Peace can make all the difference in shaping our youth through the teachings of Nobel Peace Prize laureates.
As always, if you gave any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to reach out firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees