Two New Ways You Can Support Points for Peace
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a loyal follower of The Points Guy, you know that if there’s one thing I’m passionate about (besides points and miles), it’s peace and giving back. A few weeks ago, I was ecstatic to announce our Points for Peace initiative, which allows people to donate points, miles, cash or time to PeaceJam, an organization that encourages peace among youth around the world. The company works with 13 Nobel Peace Prize winners and hosts conferences where young people learn the skills and inspiration to bring positive change to their communities.
Points for Peace is off to an incredible start, and I can’t thank you enough for the support and donations we’ve received. This weekend, we’ll be heading to Guatemala with Nobel laureate Rigoberta Menchú Tum for our first PeaceJam conference and I couldn’t be more excited for the weekend to get here. The TPG community has been very supportive, but there is still more work that needs to be done. So, I’m thrilled to announce two additional fundraising opportunities in support of Points for Peace and PeaceJam.
As an avid SoulCycle rider, I’m thrilled to host two rides, with all proceeds benefiting PeaceJam. Each bike is $100 and space is limited, so be sure to reserve your bike now so you can dance, sweat and tap it back all in the name of peace next to me and other TPG readers. It will be a blast! Here are the dates and locations so you can RSVP and reserve a bike:
- Thursday, June 2, 8:30pm — SoulCycle SoHo (45 Crosby Street, New York). RSVP here.
- Monday, June 6, 7:30pm — SoulCycle South Beach (2325 Collins Avenue, Miami). RSVP here.
The other initiative I’m excited to share is the opportunity to win a trip to Ghana with the TPG team and me at our next PeaceJam conference. I’ve teamed up with CharityBuzz, which raises funds for nonprofits through online auctions, to offer the incredible opportunity to travel to Leymah Gbowee’s PeaceJam conference from June 24-27 in Accra, Ghana. The package includes business-class airfare on Delta from New York, accommodations at The Mövenpick hotel, taking part in the local service project and workshops alongside PeaceJam youth, attending the opening and closing ceremonies, lunch with me and much, much more. You can bid on the auction directly at the CharityBuzz website.
Of course, if you can’t take advantage of either of these two new opportunities, I still encourage you to donate your points, miles, cash or time to Points for Peace. You can donate right on the Points for Peace website, in addition to finding out more about the conferences and all the amazing work that PeaceJam does. These donations can make all the difference for the future of our youth and our world.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.