Two New Ways You Can Support Points for Peace
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re a loyal follower of The Points Guy, you know that if there’s one thing I’m passionate about (besides points and miles), it’s peace and giving back. A few weeks ago, I was ecstatic to announce our Points for Peace initiative, which allows people to donate points, miles, cash or time to PeaceJam, an organization that encourages peace among youth around the world. The company works with 13 Nobel Peace Prize winners and hosts conferences where young people learn the skills and inspiration to bring positive change to their communities.
Points for Peace is off to an incredible start, and I can’t thank you enough for the support and donations we’ve received. This weekend, we’ll be heading to Guatemala with Nobel laureate Rigoberta Menchú Tum for our first PeaceJam conference and I couldn’t be more excited for the weekend to get here. The TPG community has been very supportive, but there is still more work that needs to be done. So, I’m thrilled to announce two additional fundraising opportunities in support of Points for Peace and PeaceJam.
As an avid SoulCycle rider, I’m thrilled to host two rides, with all proceeds benefiting PeaceJam. Each bike is $100 and space is limited, so be sure to reserve your bike now so you can dance, sweat and tap it back all in the name of peace next to me and other TPG readers. It will be a blast! Here are the dates and locations so you can RSVP and reserve a bike:
- Thursday, June 2, 8:30pm — SoulCycle SoHo (45 Crosby Street, New York). RSVP here.
- Monday, June 6, 7:30pm — SoulCycle South Beach (2325 Collins Avenue, Miami). RSVP here.
The other initiative I’m excited to share is the opportunity to win a trip to Ghana with the TPG team and me at our next PeaceJam conference. I’ve teamed up with CharityBuzz, which raises funds for nonprofits through online auctions, to offer the incredible opportunity to travel to Leymah Gbowee’s PeaceJam conference from June 24-27 in Accra, Ghana. The package includes business-class airfare on Delta from New York, accommodations at The Mövenpick hotel, taking part in the local service project and workshops alongside PeaceJam youth, attending the opening and closing ceremonies, lunch with me and much, much more. You can bid on the auction directly at the CharityBuzz website.
Of course, if you can’t take advantage of either of these two new opportunities, I still encourage you to donate your points, miles, cash or time to Points for Peace. You can donate right on the Points for Peace website, in addition to finding out more about the conferences and all the amazing work that PeaceJam does. These donations can make all the difference for the future of our youth and our world.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees