You’ll Need a Boarding Pass to Access New Orleans’ Latest Café du Monde
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
New Orleans is one of our favorite places on the planet, and in 2019, it’s going to get a big upgrade. The city’s Louis Armstrong International Airport (MSY) is undergoing a major renovation and expects the brand-new terminal to be open sometime in February. The almost $1 billion project is going to include some solid perks for travelers, but quite possibly the most exciting part to-date was just announced:
There’s going to be a Café du Monde right in the center of it. The catch? You’ll need to have a plane ticket, since it’s going to be past the new, consolidated security checkpoint.
What better way to take home a little bit of NOLA with you than some fried dough and powdered sugar? (That’s a rhetorical question.)
Other New Orleans staples you’ll find there include Ye Olde College Inn, PJ’s coffee, Emeril’s and MoPho, among plenty of others. While the restaurant selection is so good you could certainly just eat your way through the airport and be very happy about it, be sure to go out and explore the city and all of its amazing food, too.
Last and most certainly not least, the airport is also getting a Shake Shack (!!!). It’s going to be the first one in Louisiana. So if you find yourself at the airport anytime after next February, go get yourself the Shack Stack and a beignet — and thank us for the tip later.
*This post has been updated to reflect that the new terminal at MSY is a $1 billion project, not million.
Photo by Shutterstock.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.