This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you know, you know: New Orleans is unlike anywhere else on this planet.
So it’s only fitting that a recent United flight from Washington-Dulles (IAD) to MSY turned into a party in the sky. Passengers on UA495 on March 28 were serenaded by the Sugar Foot Stompers, a brass band from Germany.
Gillian Gayner, a passenger on board, said a “flight attendant made an announcement on the PA that they had a surprise for us” (no, they weren’t all getting upgraded). Next thing they knew, this happened:
Two full rows of musicians — trombones, clarinets and all — started playing and getting passengers excited about landing at the best place in the world (based on research by yours truly). You can see passengers getting excited and dancing along — and of course, getting out their cameras and phones to capture it.
This really gives a whole new meaning to “in-flight entertainment.”
Featured photo by Simplyphotos/Getty Images
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards