United Flight to New Orleans Becomes a Party in the Sky
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you know, you know: New Orleans is unlike anywhere else on this planet.
So it’s only fitting that a recent United flight from Washington-Dulles (IAD) to MSY turned into a party in the sky. Passengers on UA495 on March 28 were serenaded by the Sugar Foot Stompers, a brass band from Germany.
Gillian Gayner, a passenger on board, said a “flight attendant made an announcement on the PA that they had a surprise for us” (no, they weren’t all getting upgraded). Next thing they knew, this happened:
Two full rows of musicians — trombones, clarinets and all — started playing and getting passengers excited about landing at the best place in the world (based on research by yours truly). You can see passengers getting excited and dancing along — and of course, getting out their cameras and phones to capture it.
This really gives a whole new meaning to “in-flight entertainment.”
Featured photo by Simplyphotos/Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.