You Can Now Earn British Airways Avios When You Stay With Airbnb
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A new partnership between British Airways and Airbnb means more rewards for you and your family on vacation.
Here’s how it works.
As was reported by Head for Points, if you’ve used Airbnb before, you’ll get 3 British Airways Avios per £1, €1 or $1 spent. If you haven’t, you’ll receive that plus 500 Avios as a welcome bonus. And if you’re thinking about hosting your home on the platform, doing so can net you up to 30,000 Avios when you host for the first time, as TPG‘s Benet Wilson reported last week.
Note that you’ll need to complete the booking or hosting using the links on BA’s website — otherwise you won’t receive your Avios points. In order to collect your points, you’ll obviously need to be a member of British Airways’ Executive Club program, which is free to join.
We’ve written before about what we dislike about BA award redemptions (fuel surcharges), but its distance-based award chart is something we are fans of for certain trips. Late last month, British Airways announced changes to the redemption rates on partner award flights, but there are still good values to be had. For instance, you can book economy awards for only 13,000 Avios each way from several cities on the West Coast to Hawaii on partners such as American Airlines. An award flight from Hong Kong to Singapore on Cathay Pacific or Chicago to Miami on American Airlines will only cost you 11,000 Avios one-way in economy.
If you want to earn miles on Airbnb stays, but you don’t need any more British Airways Avios at the moment, you can instead choose to earn Delta SkyMiles on Airbnb stays, but only to the tune of 1 mile per dollar spent.
While we are on the topic, here are the best credit cards for booking Airbnb stays, tips for finding the perfect Airbnb for every trip and some family-specific advice for securing the right Airbnb rental for the next adventure that includes the kiddos. Or — just skip all those tips and book Tony Stark’s lakeside cabin used in Avenger’s: End Game.
Featured image courtesy of Airbnb.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.