You Can Now Earn British Airways Avios When You Stay With Airbnb
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A new partnership between British Airways and Airbnb means more rewards for you and your family on vacation.
Here’s how it works.
As was reported by Head for Points, if you’ve used Airbnb before, you’ll get 3 British Airways Avios per £1, €1 or $1 spent. If you haven’t, you’ll receive that plus 500 Avios as a welcome bonus. And if you’re thinking about hosting your home on the platform, doing so can net you up to 30,000 Avios when you host for the first time, as TPG‘s Benet Wilson reported last week.
Note that you’ll need to complete the booking or hosting using the links on BA’s website — otherwise you won’t receive your Avios points. In order to collect your points, you’ll obviously need to be a member of British Airways’ Executive Club program, which is free to join.
We’ve written before about what we dislike about BA award redemptions (fuel surcharges), but its distance-based award chart is something we are fans of for certain trips. Late last month, British Airways announced changes to the redemption rates on partner award flights, but there are still good values to be had. For instance, you can book economy awards for only 13,000 Avios each way from several cities on the West Coast to Hawaii on partners such as American Airlines. An award flight from Hong Kong to Singapore on Cathay Pacific or Chicago to Miami on American Airlines will only cost you 11,000 Avios one-way in economy.
If you want to earn miles on Airbnb stays, but you don’t need any more British Airways Avios at the moment, you can instead choose to earn Delta SkyMiles on Airbnb stays, but only to the tune of 1 mile per dollar spent.
While we are on the topic, here are the best credit cards for booking Airbnb stays, tips for finding the perfect Airbnb for every trip and some family-specific advice for securing the right Airbnb rental for the next adventure that includes the kiddos. Or — just skip all those tips and book Tony Stark’s lakeside cabin used in Avenger’s: End Game.
Featured image courtesy of Airbnb.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees