New Airbnb Hosts Can Earn British Airways Avios, Virgin Atlantic Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Plus, BA’s shopping portal is now offering new Airbnb hosts 8,000 Avios after earning their first $300. New hosts will qualify once they have earned their first $300 by hosting Airbnb guests, BA says. Note that the $300 doesn’t include guest fees and taxes.
Forget about this deal for listings in Miami or on the Big Island of Hawaii, since both have regulations that restrict short-term rentals in residential zones. The deal is also no good if your first booking comes via a referral or you have a listing that has already been booked or is active.
New Airbnb hosts can also earn 6,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles after creating a listing and earning their first $300 by hosting guests. The new listings must be created by clicking through the Shop Now button. Like the BA deal, listings can’t be located in the Miami area and on the Island of Hawaii, and the $300 earnings excludes guest fees and taxes.
For details on how to become an Airbnb host, click here.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees