New Airbnb Hosts Can Earn British Airways Avios, Virgin Atlantic Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve been thinking about becoming an Airbnb host and you belong to either the British Airways Executive Club or Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club, you may want to press ahead with that plan.
Plus, BA’s shopping portal is now offering new Airbnb hosts 8,000 Avios after earning their first $300. New hosts will qualify once they have earned their first $300 by hosting Airbnb guests, BA says. Note that the $300 doesn’t include guest fees and taxes.
Forget about this deal for listings in Miami or on the Big Island of Hawaii, since both have regulations that restrict short-term rentals in residential zones. The deal is also no good if your first booking comes via a referral or you have a listing that has already been booked or is active.
New Airbnb hosts can also earn 6,000 Virgin Atlantic Flying Club miles after creating a listing and earning their first $300 by hosting guests. The new listings must be created by clicking through the Shop Now button. Like the BA deal, listings can’t be located in the Miami area and on the Island of Hawaii, and the $300 earnings excludes guest fees and taxes.
For details on how to become an Airbnb host, click here.
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees