This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s finally here. Tonight is the inaugural TPG Awards. The star-studded event will take place on the Intrepid Air and Space Museum in New York City and will honor the best of the best in the credit card, travel and loyalty arenas. It’s sure to be a night to remember, but even if you weren’t lucky enough to snag tickets, you can still be part of the action. Here’s what to expect this evening.
While the evening will be centered around recognizing the best airlines, hotels and credit cards out there, we’ll be honoring two unique individuals with special awards. The first is Captain “Sully” Sullenberger, the recipient of The Points Guy Hero Award, sponsored by Bank of America. Sully (of course) is the pilot who skillfully navigated US Airways Flight 1549 to a safe water landing in the Hudson River after a double bird strike back Jan. 2009.
The second is Nobel Peace Prize winner Leymah Gbowee, the recipient of The Points Guy Inspiration Award. We’ve worked closely with Leymah through the PeaceJam initiative, and her work to encourage peace and conflict resolution in Africa continues to inspire thousands around the world. You can read more about her story and this incredible organization at this site.
We’re also incredibly excited to be presenting a check to the Make-a-Wish foundation after the Prizeo Giveaway that wrapped up earlier in the week. Thanks to the incredible generosity of TPG readers, we raised over $200,000 that’ll go directly toward supporting the travel needs of families as their wishes are fulfilled. This is also an amazing group and one that we’re honored to partner with here at The Points Guy.
Award Winners Online on Social Media
Our TPG Awards homepage will be updated in real time as the award winners are announced, and if you don’t already follow The Points Guy on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, you’ll want to do so today. As the award winners are announced at the ceremony, we’ll be releasing them on our various social media platforms. Join the conversation and let everyone know whether the voters got them right or if you would’ve selected a different recipient.
Speaking of social media ….
Attendees: Instagram Away
If you are among those who’ll be there live, we want you Instagramming away the entire night. Well, maybe not for the entire show, but share your experiences online, and be sure to tag us @ThePointsGuy and use the hashtag #TPGAwards. We even have new, jazzy stickers on Instagram; just search for “The Points Guy” in stories to find them. Whether it’s the pre-show cocktail party or the musical performance by superstar Bebe Rexha, it’s time to make your friends and family members jealous (and motivate them to try to get tickets next year).
The inaugural TPG Awards are sure to be a night to remember as we celebrate everything that we (and our readers) love: credit cards, travel and loyalty. Even if you aren’t able to be there live, follow along live with us on Instagram and Twitter as the award winners are announced. We’ll have a full breakdown of the winners tomorrow morning.
And as always, thank you for your continued loyalty to The Points Guy.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees