Here’s What to Expect at the Inaugural TPG Awards Tonight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s finally here. Tonight is the inaugural TPG Awards. The star-studded event will take place on the Intrepid Air and Space Museum in New York City and will honor the best of the best in the credit card, travel and loyalty arenas. It’s sure to be a night to remember, but even if you weren’t lucky enough to snag tickets, you can still be part of the action. Here’s what to expect this evening.
While the evening will be centered around recognizing the best airlines, hotels and credit cards out there, we’ll be honoring two unique individuals with special awards. The first is Captain “Sully” Sullenberger, the recipient of The Points Guy Hero Award, sponsored by Bank of America. Sully (of course) is the pilot who skillfully navigated US Airways Flight 1549 to a safe water landing in the Hudson River after a double bird strike back Jan. 2009.
The second is Nobel Peace Prize winner Leymah Gbowee, the recipient of The Points Guy Inspiration Award. We’ve worked closely with Leymah through the PeaceJam initiative, and her work to encourage peace and conflict resolution in Africa continues to inspire thousands around the world. You can read more about her story and this incredible organization at this site.
We’re also incredibly excited to be presenting a check to the Make-a-Wish foundation after the Prizeo Giveaway that wrapped up earlier in the week. Thanks to the incredible generosity of TPG readers, we raised over $200,000 that’ll go directly toward supporting the travel needs of families as their wishes are fulfilled. This is also an amazing group and one that we’re honored to partner with here at The Points Guy.
Award Winners Online on Social Media
Our TPG Awards homepage will be updated in real time as the award winners are announced, and if you don’t already follow The Points Guy on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook, you’ll want to do so today. As the award winners are announced at the ceremony, we’ll be releasing them on our various social media platforms. Join the conversation and let everyone know whether the voters got them right or if you would’ve selected a different recipient.
Speaking of social media ….
Attendees: Instagram Away
If you are among those who’ll be there live, we want you Instagramming away the entire night. Well, maybe not for the entire show, but share your experiences online, and be sure to tag us @ThePointsGuy and use the hashtag #TPGAwards. We even have new, jazzy stickers on Instagram; just search for “The Points Guy” in stories to find them. Whether it’s the pre-show cocktail party or the musical performance by superstar Bebe Rexha, it’s time to make your friends and family members jealous (and motivate them to try to get tickets next year).
The inaugural TPG Awards are sure to be a night to remember as we celebrate everything that we (and our readers) love: credit cards, travel and loyalty. Even if you aren’t able to be there live, follow along live with us on Instagram and Twitter as the award winners are announced. We’ll have a full breakdown of the winners tomorrow morning.
And as always, thank you for your continued loyalty to The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees