Virgin Atlantic Is Launching a New Heathrow to Vegas Flight in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Virgin Atlantic shared on Wednesday the details of some additions and changes to its route map. First up, the airline shared that it’s going to start nonstop flights between London Heathrow (LHR) and Las Vegas (LAS) beginning March 31, 2019, with tickets available for sale beginning Saturday, May 19, 2018.
The new route will be operated by three-class Boeing 787-9s offering 31 Upper Class seats, 35 Premium Economy seats and 192 economy seats. Virgin already serves Las Vegas, but from London’s Gatwick Airport (LGW) with a Boeing 747.
The new Heathrow service will replace — not supplement — the airline’s existing Gatwick flight. The move to the 789 also means an increase in premium seats on the route. “We’ve seen a growing demand from corporate travelers [for flights to Las Vegas], as Vegas is one of the largest conference centers in the world,” said Jessica Cross Brown, a spokesperson for Virgin Atlantic, who explained that the airline successfully trialed the route for tech professionals headed to CES — a popular technology trade show hosted annually in Vegas — in 2017.
In addition to the new Heathrow – Las Vegas service, the airline is adding a second daily flight between Boston (BOS) and London (LHR) beginning on March 31, 2019, which will be operated by an Airbus A330-300. Finally, Virgin will add twice-weekly seasonal nonstop flights from LHR to Barbados (BGI) — complementing its existing nonstop service from LGW. The flights will operate between December 11, 2018, and February 19, 2019 — the peak season for travel to the Caribbean.
The news of the three new routes follows Virgin’s upcoming second daily service to Johannesburg, South Africa, which begins in October of this year.
Featured image by Nick Ellis / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees