United Adding Flights From Chicago, Houston, LAX and Washington, DC
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the heels of a major announcement regarding new international flights from San Francisco, United Airlines just announced 11 new regional-jet routes launching in 2019. The majority of new flights will operate from Chicago (ORD), with seven additions there, two from Houston (IAH) and one each from Los Angeles (LAX) and Washington, DC (IAD).
Beginning in June 2019, Unite will add seven flights from Chicago, operated by a mix of CRJ and Embraer regional jets.
Houston will get two Embraer EMB-175 flights as well, including service to Durango, Colorado (DRO) and Ontario, California (ONT), not far from LA.
Los Angeles will get one new route as well, with twice daily service enabling Stockton (SCK) flyers to connect to domestic and international flights through LAX.
The airline will also introduce once-weekly flights between DC and Traverse City (TVC), a two-hour drive from Michigan’s popular Upper Peninsula.
There’s no question that it’s been a big year of expansion at United — the airline has announced nearly 100 new routes in total, including a mix of mainline and regional domestic and long-haul international, many of which will launch throughout the first half of 2019.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.