This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the heels of a major announcement regarding new international flights from San Francisco, United Airlines just announced 11 new regional-jet routes launching in 2019. The majority of new flights will operate from Chicago (ORD), with seven additions there, two from Houston (IAH) and one each from Los Angeles (LAX) and Washington, DC (IAD).
Beginning in June 2019, Unite will add seven flights from Chicago, operated by a mix of CRJ and Embraer regional jets.
Houston will get two Embraer EMB-175 flights as well, including service to Durango, Colorado (DRO) and Ontario, California (ONT), not far from LA.
Los Angeles will get one new route as well, with twice daily service enabling Stockton (SCK) flyers to connect to domestic and international flights through LAX.
The airline will also introduce once-weekly flights between DC and Traverse City (TVC), a two-hour drive from Michigan’s popular Upper Peninsula.
There’s no question that it’s been a big year of expansion at United — the airline has announced nearly 100 new routes in total, including a mix of mainline and regional domestic and long-haul international, many of which will launch throughout the first half of 2019.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees