United Adding Flights From Chicago, Houston, LAX and Washington, DC
On the heels of a major announcement regarding new international flights from San Francisco, United Airlines just announced 11 new regional-jet routes launching in 2019. The majority of new flights will operate from Chicago (ORD), with seven additions there, two from Houston (IAH) and one each from Los Angeles (LAX) and Washington, DC (IAD).
Beginning in June 2019, Unite will add seven flights from Chicago, operated by a mix of CRJ and Embraer regional jets.
Houston will get two Embraer EMB-175 flights as well, including service to Durango, Colorado (DRO) and Ontario, California (ONT), not far from LA.
Los Angeles will get one new route as well, with twice daily service enabling Stockton (SCK) flyers to connect to domestic and international flights through LAX.
The airline will also introduce once-weekly flights between DC and Traverse City (TVC), a two-hour drive from Michigan’s popular Upper Peninsula.
There’s no question that it’s been a big year of expansion at United — the airline has announced nearly 100 new routes in total, including a mix of mainline and regional domestic and long-haul international, many of which will launch throughout the first half of 2019.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees