United Announces 22 New Routes in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Six United hubs will begin hosting a total of 22 new routes as early as this month, according to a United statement released Monday. The bulk of the routes bolster the airline’s East Coast presence, especially out of the New York/Newark (EWR) and Washington Dulles (IAD) hubs.
“New Yorkers don’t stop, and neither should their flights,” said Jill Kaplan, United’s president of New York/New Jersey. The Newark hub is adding nonstop service between New York/Newark and Pensacola (PNS), Anchorage (ANC) and Hilton Head Island, South Carolina (HHH).
The announced routes introduce a number of nonstop service options, such as between Washington Dulles and Asheville, North Carolina (AVL), as well as between San Francisco (SFO) and Columbus, Ohio (CMH), beginning in June 2019. Nonstop service between Los Angeles (LAX) and Eugene, Oregon (EUG), Madison, Wisconsin (MSN), and Pasco/Tri-Cities (PSC), Washington will begin March 31, 2019. Meanwhile, Chicago O’Hare (ORD) will begin offering direct service to and from Hilton Head Island as well, coming April 2019.
Other cities that will enjoy expanded service include Detroit, St. Louis, Omaha, Richmond, and Kansas City, Missouri, according to Kaplan. Denver International Airport (DEN) will see a significant increase in new service, adding Charleston, South Carolina (CHS); Eureka, California (ACV); and Fairbanks, Alaska (FAI), to its travel list. A few other changes are in the works: United will shift existing shorter-haul flights to Elmira, New York (ELM); Lexington, Kentucky (LEX); and Manchester, New Hampshire (MHT), from New York/Newark to its Washington Dulles hub.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva for The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees