United Announces 22 New Routes in 2019
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Six United hubs will begin hosting a total of 22 new routes as early as this month, according to a United statement released Monday. The bulk of the routes bolster the airline’s East Coast presence, especially out of the New York/Newark (EWR) and Washington Dulles (IAD) hubs.
“New Yorkers don’t stop, and neither should their flights,” said Jill Kaplan, United’s president of New York/New Jersey. The Newark hub is adding nonstop service between New York/Newark and Pensacola (PNS), Anchorage (ANC) and Hilton Head Island, South Carolina (HHH).
The announced routes introduce a number of nonstop service options, such as between Washington Dulles and Asheville, North Carolina (AVL), as well as between San Francisco (SFO) and Columbus, Ohio (CMH), beginning in June 2019. Nonstop service between Los Angeles (LAX) and Eugene, Oregon (EUG), Madison, Wisconsin (MSN), and Pasco/Tri-Cities (PSC), Washington will begin March 31, 2019. Meanwhile, Chicago O’Hare (ORD) will begin offering direct service to and from Hilton Head Island as well, coming April 2019.
Other cities that will enjoy expanded service include Detroit, St. Louis, Omaha, Richmond, and Kansas City, Missouri, according to Kaplan. Denver International Airport (DEN) will see a significant increase in new service, adding Charleston, South Carolina (CHS); Eureka, California (ACV); and Fairbanks, Alaska (FAI), to its travel list. A few other changes are in the works: United will shift existing shorter-haul flights to Elmira, New York (ELM); Lexington, Kentucky (LEX); and Manchester, New Hampshire (MHT), from New York/Newark to its Washington Dulles hub.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva for The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.