This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Six United hubs will begin hosting a total of 22 new routes as early as this month, according to a United statement released Monday. The bulk of the routes bolster the airline’s East Coast presence, especially out of the New York/Newark (EWR) and Washington Dulles (IAD) hubs.
“New Yorkers don’t stop, and neither should their flights,” said Jill Kaplan, United’s president of New York/New Jersey. The Newark hub is adding nonstop service between New York/Newark and Pensacola (PNS), Anchorage (ANC) and Hilton Head Island, South Carolina (HHH).
The announced routes introduce a number of nonstop service options, such as between Washington Dulles and Asheville, North Carolina (AVL), as well as between San Francisco (SFO) and Columbus, Ohio (CMH), beginning in June 2019. Nonstop service between Los Angeles (LAX) and Eugene, Oregon (EUG), Madison, Wisconsin (MSN), and Pasco/Tri-Cities (PSC), Washington will begin March 31, 2019. Meanwhile, Chicago O’Hare (ORD) will begin offering direct service to and from Hilton Head Island as well, coming April 2019.
Other cities that will enjoy expanded service include Detroit, St. Louis, Omaha, Richmond, and Kansas City, Missouri, according to Kaplan. Denver International Airport (DEN) will see a significant increase in new service, adding Charleston, South Carolina (CHS); Eureka, California (ACV); and Fairbanks, Alaska (FAI), to its travel list. A few other changes are in the works: United will shift existing shorter-haul flights to Elmira, New York (ELM); Lexington, Kentucky (LEX); and Manchester, New Hampshire (MHT), from New York/Newark to its Washington Dulles hub.
Featured photo by Alberto Riva for The Points Guy
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees