Getting Your Next Uber Ride to JFK or LGA Might Be a Little Easier
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Uber announced a change to its app on Monday that streamlines passengers’ trips to New York’s John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK) and LaGuardia Airport (LGA).
Now, Uber riders can select their airline after they choose either JFK or LGA as their destination. On the driver side, the app will show the terminal and the airline’s exact door where the passenger should be dropped.
Uber says this change will help riders have more accurate pricing and ETAs. It will also save passengers the trouble of telling their drivers what airline, terminal and door they’re departing from once they enter the vehicle. The app feature is already available with Uber’s chief ride-sharing competitor Lyft.
In addition to LGA and JFK, the new app feature is launching at airports around the US and a couple international locations, including Atlanta (ATL), Paris (CDG), Mexico City (MEX), Oakland (OAK), San Diego (SAN), Seattle (SEA) and San Francisco (SFO).
Uber’s Head of Product for Expansion Marcus Womack says the company wants to make the airport arrival process “as seamless and stress-free as possible,” and says that more airport updates are coming soon.
Although the drop-off service at the two New York airports might be getting more streamlined, the pickup process at both LGA and JFK is still a headache. In April, LaGuardia did overhaul its process for arriving passengers meeting a for-hire car. The airport and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, working with the ride-sharing companies, opened up a floor of Terminal B’s new parking garage dedicated to app-based car service pickups. But recent data from Lyft shows that passengers trying to leave the two New York City area airports face the longest rides in the US to their ultimate destination, with passengers leaving JFK facing the longest average ride time in the country.
Featured image by PAU BARRENA/AFP/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees