The TWA Hotel Will Start Accepting Reservations Next Week
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Get ready for takeoff: The soon-to-open TWA Hotel at JFK Airport is going to be an AvGeek’s dream come true. And starting at noon EST on Feb. 14, it will begin accepting reservations for stays beginning on May 15.
Airport hotels are rarely something to get excited about, but this property is bringing new life to Eero Saarinen’s iconic TWA Terminal, which was built in 1962 at the height of the Jet Age and shuttered in 2001. The sleek, midcentury terminal gained landmark status in 2005, which significantly restricts the changes that can be made to the structure.
The hotel — developed by MCR and Morse Development — will add new buildings with 512 rooms, a 10,000 square-foot gym, rooftop pool, and six restaurants and eight bars, including the Paris Café by Jean-Georges Vongerichten. The hotel will also have a coffee bar by Intelligentsia, retail outlets and a cocktail lounge inside a renovated Lockheed Constellation L-1649A.
Naturally, the design will be both glamorous and distinctly retro — a style that should make you feel like you’ve stepped into an episode of “Mad Men.” But there will be plenty of modern features as well, including ultra-thick glass window panes to block out the noise of the airport. And just think of the plane-spotting opportunities!
“Restoring the TWA Hotel is a labor of love for our entire team,” Tyler Morse, CEO of MCR and Morse Development, said in a statement on Friday. “We are counting down the days until the landmark building, dark since 2001, is filled with life again.”
Reservations will be available exclusively on the hotel’s website, twahotel.com, and rates start at $249 per night.
If you do book a room when the property debuts, be aware that the hotel will be in its soft opening phase, which means some of the outlets and amenities might not be up and running yet.
Featured image by Max Touhey courtesy of the TWA Hotel.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees