This Is the Unique Gift American Airlines Top Elite Flyers Are Getting in 2019
Got Concierge Key? Great — because, now, you might also be privy to an extra special welcome gift from American Airlines for earning your high-level elite status.
According to some reports from the TPG lounge and other readers, Concierge Key members have been receiving personalized metal luggage tags repurposed from a decommissioned MD-80 aircraft.
The metal tags feature the aircraft’s tail number, first date of service, date of retirement, where it was built, where it traveled and how many miles it logged. Crafted individually by hand, the tags have some bumps and scratches—imperfections from the actual wear of the aircraft. The tag has the Concierge Key member’s name engraved as well.
From complimentary upgrades to more direct customer service, there are many benefits that come with holding elite status for an airline. As for exactly how you get invited to American’s Concierge Key, the airline guards that information closely. You have to spend a lot and fly a lot, of course.
Sometimes, CK benefits are extended to top elite members with American’s closest ally, British Airways. And, American’s rivals also have invitation-only top elite levels beyond their published top level: Delta calls it 360, and United has Global Services.
Featured image courtesy of TPG reader Dave.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.