The World’s Largest Starbucks Just Opened in Tokyo
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you needed another reason to go visit Tokyo: Starbucks just opened its biggest roastery in the world — 32,000 square feet, to be exact.
This isn’t your typical Starbucks, either. Like other Roasteries around the world, it features specialty coffees and teas, massive coffee casks, all to “celebrate the romance of coffee,” according to CEO Kevin Johnson. It also has the world’s largest Teavana bar. I don’t know about you all, but it sounds like a coffee lover’s paradise to me.
The Roastery itself was designed by local architect Kengo Kuma, complete with an “inspiration lounge” for various events. One of its coffee casks is over 55 feet tall, and has a “series of overhead pipes that shoots beans throughout the building,” CNN reports. If coffee isn’t your thing (we can’t be friends), head over to the cocktail bar. For Starbucks, the bar also serves as an “innovation lab” where drinks are tested out, and are later rolled out nationwide. For example, last year’s Juniper Latte was inspired by a drink created at the Seattle Roastery.
Previously, Shanghai held the top spot for the world’s largest Starbucks. The company also recently opened a 23,000-square-foot “coffee shrine” with a full bar in New York City.
Featured photo via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.