The World’s Largest Starbucks Just Opened in Tokyo
In case you needed another reason to go visit Tokyo: Starbucks just opened its biggest roastery in the world — 32,000 square feet, to be exact.
This isn’t your typical Starbucks, either. Like other Roasteries around the world, it features specialty coffees and teas, massive coffee casks, all to “celebrate the romance of coffee,” according to CEO Kevin Johnson. It also has the world’s largest Teavana bar. I don’t know about you all, but it sounds like a coffee lover’s paradise to me.
The Roastery itself was designed by local architect Kengo Kuma, complete with an “inspiration lounge” for various events. One of its coffee casks is over 55 feet tall, and has a “series of overhead pipes that shoots beans throughout the building,” CNN reports. If coffee isn’t your thing (we can’t be friends), head over to the cocktail bar. For Starbucks, the bar also serves as an “innovation lab” where drinks are tested out, and are later rolled out nationwide. For example, last year’s Juniper Latte was inspired by a drink created at the Seattle Roastery.
Previously, Shanghai held the top spot for the world’s largest Starbucks. The company also recently opened a 23,000-square-foot “coffee shrine” with a full bar in New York City.
Featured photo via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees