This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The next time you’re in Shanghai, you might want to add a trip to Starbucks to your itinerary — no joke.
According to CNN.com, Starbucks opened its largest store to date there yesterday, spanning 30,000-square-feet. The space is part of the new retail program, Starbucks Reserve Roastery, giving customers the opportunity to watch beans being roasted onsite. In addition to coffee, there’s also a special tea bar, mixing up creations like “nitrogen cold brew tea.”
Starbucks hasn’t gone this big since it opened the Reserve Roastery location in Seattle three years ago. This Shanghai shop is twice as big.
Despite new endeavors, the coffee chain has seen a decrease in sales this year, except in China where sales have risen 8% compared to last year. CNN.com notes that Starbucks opens a new store in China “every 15 hours on average.”
In 2019, Chicago is expected to get an even-larger Reserve Roastery, said to be a whopping “43,000-square-feet.”
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees