This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The next time you’re in Shanghai, you might want to add a trip to Starbucks to your itinerary — no joke.
According to CNN.com, Starbucks opened its largest store to date there yesterday, spanning 30,000-square-feet. The space is part of the new retail program, Starbucks Reserve Roastery, giving customers the opportunity to watch beans being roasted onsite. In addition to coffee, there’s also a special tea bar, mixing up creations like “nitrogen cold brew tea.”
Starbucks hasn’t gone this big since it opened the Reserve Roastery location in Seattle three years ago. This Shanghai shop is twice as big.
Despite new endeavors, the coffee chain has seen a decrease in sales this year, except in China where sales have risen 8% compared to last year. CNN.com notes that Starbucks opens a new store in China “every 15 hours on average.”
In 2019, Chicago is expected to get an even-larger Reserve Roastery, said to be a whopping “43,000-square-feet.”
This cash back card has a focus on dining and entertainment where you can earn unlimited 4% cash back in those spending categories. You can also earn 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- Earn a one-time $500 cash bonus after you spend $3000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 4% cash back on dining and entertainment, 2% at grocery stores and 1% on all other purchases
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- No foreign transaction fees
- Access to premium experiences in dining, entertainment and more
- $0 intro annual fee for the first year, $95 after that