This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Time to get your latte on — for a limited time, Starbucks is offering Gold status after making a single purchase on the app or with a registered Starbucks card.
As part of its Gift of Gold promotion through Project Give Good, Starbucks is offering Gold status after you make a single purchase between December 4-31, 2017. In order to be eligible, the purchase must be made through your registered Starbucks Card or app. The Gold status you receive will be valid for one year. According to the terms and conditions, Starbucks Rewards members who already have Gold status are not eligible for this offer. However, if you’ve had Gold status in the past but no longer do, there’s no terminology in the fine print that deems you ineligible for this promotion. Alcohol and Starbucks Card purchases are not eligible for this offer.
Gold status with Starbucks normally requires that you earn 300 stars — each dollar spent at Starbucks is 2 stars, so you would need to spend $150 in order to get to the minimum threshold. Green members, which is the entry level of status, get a free birthday reward, the ability to order ahead, free in-store refills, access to member events and the ability to pay by phone. Gold status, however, gives you those perks as well as monthly double-star days, a personalized gold card and a reward for every 125 stars.
This isn’t the first time Starbucks has offered such a promotion. If you frequent Starbucks, this offer could be well worth taking advantage of in order to get your Gold status with practically no effort.
Featured image by Zhang Peng / Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Up to $200 for Uber rides annually. Credit and Uber VIP status available to Basic Card Member only.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- As a Platinum Card Member, you can enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees