This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Time to get your latte on — for a limited time, Starbucks is offering Gold status after making a single purchase on the app or with a registered Starbucks card.
As part of its Gift of Gold promotion through Project Give Good, Starbucks is offering Gold status after you make a single purchase between December 4-31, 2017. In order to be eligible, the purchase must be made through your registered Starbucks Card or app. The Gold status you receive will be valid for one year. According to the terms and conditions, Starbucks Rewards members who already have Gold status are not eligible for this offer. However, if you’ve had Gold status in the past but no longer do, there’s no terminology in the fine print that deems you ineligible for this promotion. Alcohol and Starbucks Card purchases are not eligible for this offer.
Gold status with Starbucks normally requires that you earn 300 stars — each dollar spent at Starbucks is 2 stars, so you would need to spend $150 in order to get to the minimum threshold. Green members, which is the entry level of status, get a free birthday reward, the ability to order ahead, free in-store refills, access to member events and the ability to pay by phone. Gold status, however, gives you those perks as well as monthly double-star days, a personalized gold card and a reward for every 125 stars.
This isn’t the first time Starbucks has offered such a promotion. If you frequent Starbucks, this offer could be well worth taking advantage of in order to get your Gold status with practically no effort.
Featured image by Zhang Peng / Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards