Limited Time Only: Starbucks Offering Its Highest Status After a Single Purchase
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Time to get your latte on — for a limited time, Starbucks is offering Gold status after making a single purchase on the app or with a registered Starbucks card.
As part of its Gift of Gold promotion through Project Give Good, Starbucks is offering Gold status after you make a single purchase between December 4-31, 2017. In order to be eligible, the purchase must be made through your registered Starbucks Card or app. The Gold status you receive will be valid for one year. According to the terms and conditions, Starbucks Rewards members who already have Gold status are not eligible for this offer. However, if you’ve had Gold status in the past but no longer do, there’s no terminology in the fine print that deems you ineligible for this promotion. Alcohol and Starbucks Card purchases are not eligible for this offer.
Gold status with Starbucks normally requires that you earn 300 stars — each dollar spent at Starbucks is 2 stars, so you would need to spend $150 in order to get to the minimum threshold. Green members, which is the entry level of status, get a free birthday reward, the ability to order ahead, free in-store refills, access to member events and the ability to pay by phone. Gold status, however, gives you those perks as well as monthly double-star days, a personalized gold card and a reward for every 125 stars.
This isn’t the first time Starbucks has offered such a promotion. If you frequent Starbucks, this offer could be well worth taking advantage of in order to get your Gold status with practically no effort.
Featured image by Zhang Peng / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees