Limited Time Only: Starbucks Offering Its Highest Status After a Single Purchase
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Time to get your latte on — for a limited time, Starbucks is offering Gold status after making a single purchase on the app or with a registered Starbucks card.
As part of its Gift of Gold promotion through Project Give Good, Starbucks is offering Gold status after you make a single purchase between December 4-31, 2017. In order to be eligible, the purchase must be made through your registered Starbucks Card or app. The Gold status you receive will be valid for one year. According to the terms and conditions, Starbucks Rewards members who already have Gold status are not eligible for this offer. However, if you’ve had Gold status in the past but no longer do, there’s no terminology in the fine print that deems you ineligible for this promotion. Alcohol and Starbucks Card purchases are not eligible for this offer.
Gold status with Starbucks normally requires that you earn 300 stars — each dollar spent at Starbucks is 2 stars, so you would need to spend $150 in order to get to the minimum threshold. Green members, which is the entry level of status, get a free birthday reward, the ability to order ahead, free in-store refills, access to member events and the ability to pay by phone. Gold status, however, gives you those perks as well as monthly double-star days, a personalized gold card and a reward for every 125 stars.
This isn’t the first time Starbucks has offered such a promotion. If you frequent Starbucks, this offer could be well worth taking advantage of in order to get your Gold status with practically no effort.
Featured image by Zhang Peng / Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.