Singapore Airlines’ incredible new Airbus A380 Suites are coming to the US
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines’ new iteration of Suites is finally coming to the U.S.
The vaunted product, which is only found aboard select Airbus A380s, will be available on the airline’s New York (JFK)-Frankfurt (FRA)-Singapore (SIN) fifth freedom flight effective March 27. It also marks the return of Singapore’s A380 to New York after a two-year hiatus.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
The reconfigured A380s feature six Suites, offering 50 square feet of space for each passenger. The suites are enclosed with a door and feature a swivel chair along with a separate bed. As with the product’s earlier generation, two suites can be combined to create a double bed, offering two traveling companions up to100 square feet of space. Each suite features a 32-inch HD monitor loaded with Singapore’s award-winning KrisWorld inflight entertainment system.
“After nearly two years of restrictions, we are seeing tremendous demand for international travel, and that includes premium cabins,” Joey Seow, Singapore’s regional VP – Americas, said in a statement. “In addition to a new Business Class, we’re excited to bring our newest, most luxurious Suite cabin to U.S. travelers for the first time, offering a new standard in comfort aboard the world’s largest aircraft.”
TPG himself reviewed the product in 2018 and wrote that “it’s safe to say that this is the nicest first-class product in commercial aviation.”
The inbound flight to Singapore will be operated as part of the Singapore government’s Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL) program, which allows vaccinated travelers on certain pre-approved flights to skip quarantine upon arrival to Singapore. As this is a fifth freedom flight, this flight is also bookable for just the JFK-FRA and FRA-JFK segments, easily making Suites one of the most luxurious ways to travel to Europe from the East Coast.
Flight SQ25 is scheduled to depart JFK daily at 8:15 p.m. and arrives in Frankfurt the next morning at 9:50 a.m., all times local. The flight then departs just under two hours later, at 11:40 a.m. and arrives a day later in Singapore at 6:50 a.m.
On the return flight, SQ26 is scheduled to depart Singapore at 11:55 p.m., arriving the next morning in Frankfurt at 6:20 a.m. The flight then continues onward to JFK, departing 2 hours later at 8:20 a.m. and arriving at 11:15 a.m.
You can find our ultimate guide to booking Singapore Suites here. Just this week, Singapore released a significant amount of award availability for Suites, though it is not yet clear if that will extend to the New York-Frankfurt route.
Featured photo courtesy of Singapore Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees