Book coveted Singapore Airlines first-class suites for just 86,000 miles each way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This post has been updated to reflect even more award availability now available.
Singapore Airlines’ first-class suites are considered among the best luxury travel options in commercial aviation.
These spacious 50-square-foot first-class cabins with fully reclinable chairs and separate stowaway beds are quite likely on the bucket list for most aviation enthusiasts.
While booking one of these pricey seats is usually out of reach for most travelers who haven’t yet won the lottery (especially since they’re not yet available on most Singapore flights), you have a rare chance to reserve one of these award tickets in the spring and summer of 2022, as reported by One Mile at a Time.
There was a lot of availability for Singapore Suites on the A380 between New York-JFK and Frankfurt (FRA) from March and August 2022. Many flights had at least one seat at that price, but some had two or three Saver awards available. That’s quite unusual because the airline normally doesn’t release many award offerings in its suite class that far in advance.
Then the deal went away — but now it’s back.
At the end of December, the news got even better for those hoping to redeem on Singapore. As Monkey Miles first reported, there is availability once again on the route and it’s being served by one of Singapore’s beautiful A380s.
Want more TPG news dropped in your inbox each morning? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
At this rare Saver level, you can find Singapore Suites available for 86,000 KrisFlyer miles and $5.60 one-way, which is a fantastic price for that product.
In fact, I found it available round-trip between New York and Frankfurt.
Be aware that other awards programs that are part of the Star Alliance, such as United MileagePlus, will not have access to this award space, so you’ll need to book with KrisFlyer miles. Below you can see a date that had a staggering three suites available.
Luckily, Singapore KrisFlyer miles are pretty easy to get your hands on since they are a transfer partner of major credit card programs such as Chase Ultimate Rewards, American Express Membership Rewards, Citi ThankYou and Capital One. And, right now, you can even potentially take advantage of a targeted 20% transfer bonus from Amex Membership Rewards to Singapore, making that 86,000 miles cost just 72,000 transferred Amex points.
The caveat, however, is that Singapore mileage transfers typically take a day or two to post. You can typically put Singapore awards on hold, though there is a $25 fee to do so.
It’s also worth mentioning that, as of now, the plane scheduled to operate the New York City to Frankfurt route is an Airbus A380 with 12 of the older suites in the lower deck of the plane. But the carrier is in the middle of reconfiguring its A380 fleet so the odds are fairly strong that this route will wind up being serviced by an A380 with the new suite product, though that can never be guaranteed.
Aircraft swaps are not unheard, of so you may end up with an entirely different product, but at that award price, you’re still in for a pretty fine deal.
Additional reporting by Clint Henderson and Summer Hull.
Featured Image courtesy of Singapore Air.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees