Show your appreciation for essential workers with the Miles of Good campaign
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The coronavirus pandemic has shaken up the world in unimaginable ways. Everyone has been impacted by it in some form or another, but the true heroes are the essential workers who have been caring for our communities on the front lines.
Despite the industry coming to a near-halt, travel companies around the world have been doing what they can to give back during this time. We’ve seen travel brands give essential workers, free flights, hotel stays, meals, elite status and more. Companies have also set up ways for travelers to get involved, including adding the option to donate miles. And now, Singapore Airlines is joining in with a campaign of its own, called Miles of Good.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Miles of Good campaign
Singapore Airlines has launched the Miles of Good campaign, with the goal of raising 100 million KrisFlyer miles that will be donated to essential workers. The airline will contribute 30 million miles, but needs your help to raise the remaining 70 million miles.
Now through Aug. 10, KrisFlyer members can nominate deserving individuals with a minimum donation of 1,000 miles ($13 based on TPG valuations). Eligible nominees include healthcare workers, public transport workers, supermarket employees, cleaners, food delivery drivers and postal workers. The only restriction is that the nominees must reside in the same country or territory as you.
Alternatively, you can donate miles without making a nomination. This option is available through Nov. 20, 2020.
How to participate
Participating in this campaign is easy. Simply head to the Miles of Good campaign page to submit a nomination and/or make a donation.
Successful nominees will receive up to 60,000 KrisFlyer miles. These miles can be used to book flights on Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Scoot or partners including United and Alaska Airlines. Recipients also have the option to redeem their gifted miles for merchandise, hotel stays, car rentals, dining and more.
It’s great to see that travel companies are supporting coronavirus relief efforts and setting up ways for travelers to get involved.
If you’re interested in participating in the Singapore Airlines Miles of Good campaign but are short on KrisFlyer miles, remember that you can transfer points from any of four of the major transferable point programs: American Express Membership Rewards, Chase Ultimate Rewards, Citi ThankYou Rewards, Capital One and Marriott Bonvoy.
Featured image by Zach Griff/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees