Countries to Visit if You Only Speak English, a Reasonably Priced Safari, New Capital One Product Additions and More
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
EF compiled a list of the countries you'll feel most comfortable in if you don't speak a lick of the native language.
You'll get the full safari experience for just a fraction of the price.
TPG's brand new podcast announced the unprecedented additions to Capital One's products.
Boeing Withheld Key Information About Plane Involved in Lion Air Crash
Pilots and airlines didn't know about an automated system that pushed the plane's nose down in certain conditions.
TPG's take? "While the program isn’t insanely rewarding, it definitely has a solid return. . ."
TPG Managing Editor Alberto Riva tells how RwandaAir first class product lines up with other carriers.
Jessica Puckett keeps everyone up to date with the Lion Air crash as new information rolls in.
In Other News. . .
Japan Airlines launches a new Tokyo - Seattle route and is giving flyers a chance to get double miles back.
Atlanta acquires a new Burbank route on Delta as the film industry booms.
Earn 6 United miles per dollar when booking Marriott through the United portal. Based on TPG's latest valuations, that's 9 cents per dollar.
American Airlines makes changes to bag fees.
- The second checked bag fee has changed for flights to / from Haiti for tickets issued on / after Nov. 13, 2018 and for travel beginning Jan. 14, 2019.
- If you're flying to Guyana (GEO), Oaxaca, MX (OAX), Pereira, CO (PEI) or St. Vincent (SVD), you’ll be limited to two checked bags per person for travel between Nov. 15, 2018 and Jan. 13, 2019.
- For travel to / from Port au Prince, Haiti and Honduras, a $40 - $55 second bag fee applies seasonally for tickets issued on / before Nov. 12, 2018 and a year-round second bag fee of $70 for travel to / from Port au Prince, Haiti applies for tickets issued on / after Nov. 13, 2018 and for travel beginning Jan. 14, 2019.
- When flying to Cuba, AA is now charging for the second checked bag. Standard-sized first bag is free, and the second bag fee applies when returning back to Cuba.
Top offers from our partners
How we chose these cards
- Learn Moreabout Credit One Bank Wander® CardTerms Apply