French Soccer Team Celebrates at CDG, Amtrak Brings Back 1955 Dome Car, Neeleman Orders Planes for Startup Airline and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, plus a few new stories. If you’re an avid TPG reader, you’ll want to skip ahead to the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
The championship team flaunted its new trophy as soon as they set foot in France.
The 1955 train car is making a temporary comeback for some of the best views Amtrak offers.
It’s all for his new airline, Moxy, which is set to launch in 2021.
It’s the perfect breakdown of ways you could be maximizing beyond your card.
How Airplanes Get to Farnborough, the Biggest Aviation Show
It’s actually not that easy. . .
TPG’s Jack Witty hopped on a flight after the PeaceJam conference in Ghana – and the seat ate his charging cable.
There’s no short answer to this reader question.
In Other News. . .
You can already be getting quadruple points at select AccorHotels.
You can win a trip for two to Hawaii, China or Italy.
Now, you can get a 5 – 10% discount on American Airlines fares.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.