Sailrock Resort in Turks & Caicos Adds Inter-Island Flights; Shifting to Hyatt Category 8
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The partnership between World of Hyatt and the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, initially announced last August, has progressed quickly. We’ve seen three rounds of integrations (in November, January and February), opening up a plethora of new luxurious resorts at which you can earn and redeem your Hyatt points. This has included several properties in areas where Hyatt didn’t previously have a presence, and one that got a lot of attention is the Sailrock Resort in the Turks & Caicos.
If you’re considering using your Hyatt points for a stay there, this just got much more valuable. The resort recently added round-trip, inter-island flights from Providenciales International Airport (PLS) to South Caicos International Airport (XSC) along with round-trip transfers from the airport to the resort as built-in components of stays at the property — including those booked with Hyatt points. This is a fantastic new perk, one that we’d love to see extended to the various points hotels in the Maldives that tack on hundreds (or even thousands) of dollars worth of seaplane and boat transfers.
Of course, this change does come at a cost: Effective 11am Central Time on April 8, 2019, Sailrock Resort will shift into Hyatt’s top-tier Category 8, moving from 30,000 points per night to 40,000 points per night.
However, this does open up a narrow window for you to maximize this newly-added perk. If you can book an award stay at Sailrock before the pricing change is implemented, you’ll pay the current price (30k points per night) and enjoy the included inter-island transfers.
These transfers are regularly scheduled commercial flights on interCaribbean Airways. There are two daily flights in each direction:
- JY121 departs Providenciales at 8:30 AM, arrives in South Caicos at 9:00 AM
- JY161 departs Providenciales at 3:40 PM, arrives in South Caicos at 4:15 PM
- JY122 departs South Caicos at 9:10 AM, arrives in Providenciales at 9:40 AM
- JY162 departs South Caicos at 4:25 PM, arrives in Providenciales at 5:00 PM
As a result, you should try to time your arrival into Providenciales to coincide with the afternoon flight or plan to spend some time on the main island first. For additional details on these transfers, check out this link on the resort’s website.
Awards at Sailrock Resort property book into a 47-square-meter (~500-square-foot) Ridgetop Ocean View Suite. This is an open floorplan, includes a kitchenette, soaking tub and a wraparound terrace to take in the beauty of the island. However, just be aware that in our searches, it appears that the hotel requires a three-night minimum to book through World of Hyatt, regardless of whether you’re using your points or paying for your stay outright. If you search for a shorter stay through Hyatt’s website, you’ll receive the following error message:
If you extend that search just by a day, availability will appear:
This is a great new perk to be included for guests that simplifies the whole process. Even though paying for these flights isn’t normally that expensive (~$100 per person on the various dates I looked), it’s still nice to not have to worry about getting to this remote destination and simply having points take care of it all. Just be sure to finalize your plans now if you can, since this limited-time pricing at the current 30k level is only available through 11am Central Time on April 8, 2019.
Featured photo courtesy of Sailrock Resort
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees