Use Your Next Lyft Ride to Earn Free Food, Drinks and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
Lyft has been continually adding reasons why you should book a ride with them instead of Uber. It’s partnership with Delta allows you to rack up SkyMiles on all rides, you can earn personal credits when taking business rides (up to 10% back in some cases) and it plans on launching a loyalty program.
Now, the ridesharing company has launched Boost by Lyft, which rewards riders with discounts and freebies when taking a ride to select businesses.
The program is currently only available in Denver, where Lyft has partnered with nearly 50 local bars, restaurants and museums that will give riders deals like free drinks or food after taking a Lyft to that business.
Lyft explains how Boost works:
- Lyft riders visit the Boost by Lyft website
- Browse through local offers from Lyft partners (for example, get 20% off your bill at TAG, or buy-one-get-one-free drinks at Mile High Spirits)
- Enter the desired promo code into the Lyft app
- Take a Lyft ride to the partner location
- Show the promo code and ride receipt
- Claim the deal (currently only available to residents of Denver)
The deals seems quite good, especially if you’re already going to one of these locations. BOGO beers or entrees could even make up for the cost of your ride. It appears that taking shared rides can get you the discount too, cutting down on costs even more.
Lyft said it created the program to push back against the ease of ordering in and to help support local businesses. It’s free for Denver businesses to sign up; Lyft claims the program will generate business during slower times and help attract new customers. Lyft says it currently doesn’t have any plans on expanding Boost beyond Denver, but it doesn’t sound like it’s ruling out the possibility either.
As always, to make your trip even more rewarding, use a credit card that earns bonus points on travel like the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Premier® Card (3x on travel), Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel) and link your Lyft account to Delta SkyMiles.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.