Use Your Next Lyft Ride to Earn Free Food, Drinks and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
Lyft has been continually adding reasons why you should book a ride with them instead of Uber. It’s partnership with Delta allows you to rack up SkyMiles on all rides, you can earn personal credits when taking business rides (up to 10% back in some cases) and it plans on launching a loyalty program.
Now, the ridesharing company has launched Boost by Lyft, which rewards riders with discounts and freebies when taking a ride to select businesses.
The program is currently only available in Denver, where Lyft has partnered with nearly 50 local bars, restaurants and museums that will give riders deals like free drinks or food after taking a Lyft to that business.
Lyft explains how Boost works:
- Lyft riders visit the Boost by Lyft website
- Browse through local offers from Lyft partners (for example, get 20% off your bill at TAG, or buy-one-get-one-free drinks at Mile High Spirits)
- Enter the desired promo code into the Lyft app
- Take a Lyft ride to the partner location
- Show the promo code and ride receipt
- Claim the deal (currently only available to residents of Denver)
The deals seems quite good, especially if you’re already going to one of these locations. BOGO beers or entrees could even make up for the cost of your ride. It appears that taking shared rides can get you the discount too, cutting down on costs even more.
Lyft said it created the program to push back against the ease of ordering in and to help support local businesses. It’s free for Denver businesses to sign up; Lyft claims the program will generate business during slower times and help attract new customers. Lyft says it currently doesn’t have any plans on expanding Boost beyond Denver, but it doesn’t sound like it’s ruling out the possibility either.
As always, to make your trip even more rewarding, use a credit card that earns bonus points on travel like the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), Citi Premier® Card (3x on travel), Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel) and link your Lyft account to Delta SkyMiles.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees