Check to See If You’re Eligible for Fast Track Status With Radisson Rewards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Radisson Rewards, previously known as Club Carlson, is the loyalty program for Radisson-branded hotels such as Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson RED and Park Inn by Radisson. The program implemented the new name as well as lower elite status thresholds in March 2018 before introducing a new award chart in March 2019.
Usually, changes to elite status thresholds and award charts are negative changes, but Radisson Rewards seems to be interested in building its loyalty program. So, I wasn’t surprised when Loyalty Lobby reported that Radisson Rewards has announced fast-track opportunities for previous elites to regain status.
In particular, Radisson has emailed select loyalty program members with the following fast-track offers to regain status through the end of February 2021:
- Silver: Book two stays by May 31, 2019, and complete the stays by July 31, 2019 (link to register)
- Gold: Book four stays by May 31, 2019, and complete the stays by July 31, 2019 (link to register)
- Platinum: Book eight stays by May 31, 2019, and complete the stays by July 31, 2019 (link to register)
The terms and conditions state that you must have received a private email invitation to participate in the promotion — but I was able to successfully register despite not receiving an email. After submitting my Radisson Rewards number and country, the following confirmation page loaded:
I also received the following confirmation email with the title “You’re now one step closer to reclaiming your status”:
Either way, you’ll need to register for the promotion online prior to check-out of your first stay, ensure your Radisson Rewards number is on file at the time of reservation or check-out for each stay, and make sure all of your stays are eligible.
An eligible stay means one or more consecutive eligible nights at the same hotel, regardless of the number of check-ins or check-outs that occur. An eligible night is a night at a Radisson Hotel Group property that is identified in the hotel’s reservation system as eligible for points, a Free Award Night redemption stay, or a Points + Cash redemption stay. You must check out of your last eligible stay by July 31, 2019.
If you can’t take advantage of this fast-track promotion, but still want Radisson Rewards status, here are some other options:
- Earn the status organically via nights or stays
- Silver status can be obtained after nine nights or six stays in a calendar year
- Gold status can be obtained after 30 nights or 20 stays in a calendar year
- Platinum status can be obtained after 60 nights or 30 stays in a calendar year
- Match your status from another hotel program, but only up to Gold and only once per lifetime of the account
- Get Silver status as a benefit of the Radisson Rewards Visa Signature Card ($50 annual fee)
- Get Gold status as a benefit of the Radisson Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card ($75 annual fee) or Radisson Rewards Business Visa Card ($60 annual fee)
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Cover photo by Eric Rosen/The Points Guy from his stay at the Radisson RED in Cape Town, South Africa.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.