Check to See If You’re Eligible for Fast Track Status With Radisson Rewards
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Radisson Rewards, previously known as Club Carlson, is the loyalty program for Radisson-branded hotels such as Radisson Collection, Radisson Blu, Radisson RED and Park Inn by Radisson. The program implemented the new name as well as lower elite status thresholds in March 2018 before introducing a new award chart in March 2019.
Usually, changes to elite status thresholds and award charts are negative changes, but Radisson Rewards seems to be interested in building its loyalty program. So, I wasn’t surprised when Loyalty Lobby reported that Radisson Rewards has announced fast-track opportunities for previous elites to regain status.
In particular, Radisson has emailed select loyalty program members with the following fast-track offers to regain status through the end of February 2021:
- Silver: Book two stays by May 31, 2019, and complete the stays by July 31, 2019 (link to register)
- Gold: Book four stays by May 31, 2019, and complete the stays by July 31, 2019 (link to register)
- Platinum: Book eight stays by May 31, 2019, and complete the stays by July 31, 2019 (link to register)
The terms and conditions state that you must have received a private email invitation to participate in the promotion — but I was able to successfully register despite not receiving an email. After submitting my Radisson Rewards number and country, the following confirmation page loaded:
I also received the following confirmation email with the title “You’re now one step closer to reclaiming your status”:
Either way, you’ll need to register for the promotion online prior to check-out of your first stay, ensure your Radisson Rewards number is on file at the time of reservation or check-out for each stay, and make sure all of your stays are eligible.
An eligible stay means one or more consecutive eligible nights at the same hotel, regardless of the number of check-ins or check-outs that occur. An eligible night is a night at a Radisson Hotel Group property that is identified in the hotel’s reservation system as eligible for points, a Free Award Night redemption stay, or a Points + Cash redemption stay. You must check out of your last eligible stay by July 31, 2019.
If you can’t take advantage of this fast-track promotion, but still want Radisson Rewards status, here are some other options:
- Earn the status organically via nights or stays
- Silver status can be obtained after nine nights or six stays in a calendar year
- Gold status can be obtained after 30 nights or 20 stays in a calendar year
- Platinum status can be obtained after 60 nights or 30 stays in a calendar year
- Match your status from another hotel program, but only up to Gold and only once per lifetime of the account
- Get Silver status as a benefit of the Radisson Rewards Visa Signature Card ($50 annual fee)
- Get Gold status as a benefit of the Radisson Rewards Premier Visa Signature Card ($75 annual fee) or Radisson Rewards Business Visa Card ($60 annual fee)
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Cover photo by Eric Rosen/The Points Guy from his stay at the Radisson RED in Cape Town, South Africa.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees