2019 Radisson Rewards Award Chart Changes Take Effect on March 1
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Spring often means packing away the thick winter coats, enjoying the blooms and hotel award chart changes. Right on time, there’s more than 100 Radisson Rewards properties that are changing their award chart price effective March 1, 2019.
There’s a decent mix of some properties increasing and others decreasing, but naturally many of the more ‘resort’ or metropolitan type properties are the ones we see continuing an upward climb.
As a refresher, here is the Radisson Rewards award chart prices that range from 9,000 – 70,000 Radisson Rewards points per night for a standard room. Rates go as high as 105,000 points per night for premium rooms (that are sometimes family rooms). In fact, Radisson Rewards is one of the best programs internationally for families looking to stay in one room using points.
Some examples of Radisson properties decreasing in award cost include:
- Radisson Hotel Barra Rio de Janeiro (Category 5 to 3)
- The Radisson Blu Residence, Dubai Marina (Category 6 to 5)
- Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown (Category 7 to 6)
- Radisson RED Minneapolis Downtown (Category 6 to 5)
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Page, AZ (Category 6 to 5)
Naturally, it’s not all good news. Jumps from Category 6 to 7 are especially painful as that is a 20,000 point per night increase, as opposed to a move from a 5 to a 6 that is just 6,000 additional points per night.
Examples of Radisson properties increasing in award cost include:
- Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Gran Canaria Mogan 6 to 7
- Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados 5 to 6
- Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Dublin 6 to 7
- Radisson Blu Azuri Resort & Spa, Mauritius 6 to 7
- Radisson Blu Beke Hotel, Budapest 2 to 3
My family has stayed at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Dublin and are sad to see it jump up to a Category 7 as there aren’t an abundance of points hotels in Dublin. Children under 16 can stay at this property for free in the existing bedding.
Radisson Rewards doesn’t get a ton of attention in the points world, but they have some strong properties. While there are a few gems in the US (with more on the way), the real strength is outside the US, especially in Europe. Here’s more info on how my family mixes Radisson Rewards into our points strategy. If you want to book one of the Radisson Rewards properties in places like Dublin or Gran Canaria before they increases in award rate, remember to do so before March 1.
H/T: Pizza in Motion
Featured image courtesy of Radisson Rewards.
Are We There Yet? | The Ultimate Travel Stroller
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Families love vacations and cash back on purchases, but not all families spend their money in the same categories every month. Each month, The Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards credit card allows families to earn 3% cash back in the category of their choosing: Gas, Online Shopping, Dining, Travel, Drug Stores or Home Improvement/Furnishings (on the first $2,500 in purchases each quarter; then 1%). Now you don’t need multiple cards in your wallet to maximize rewards on your ever-changing expenses.
- $200 online cash rewards bonus after you make at least $1,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 3% cash back in the category of your choice, automatic 2% at grocery stores and wholesale clubs (up to $2,500 in combined choice category/grocery store/wholesale club quarterly purchases) and unlimited 1% on all other purchases
- If you're a Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25% - 75% more cash back on every purchase. That means you could earn up to 5.25% cash back on purchases in your choice category.
- No annual fee and no expiration on rewards
- 0% Introductory APR for 15 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made in the first 60 days. After the intro APR offer ends, 13.99% - 23.99% Variable APR will apply. A 3% fee (min $10) applies to all balance transfers.
- Contactless Cards - The security of a chip card, with the convenience of a tap
- This online only offer may not be available if you leave this page or if you visit a Bank of America financial center. You can take advantage of this offer when you apply now.