The Four Seasons is offering private jet transfers to its resorts across Hawaii
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In a bid to woo would-be travelers who are apprehensive about boarding very long and potentially very crowded commercial flights to the Hawaiian Islands, Four Seasons’ portfolio of resorts in Hawaii has partnered with Jet Edge to provide private flights to any one of the Hawaiian Four Seasons Resorts — from anywhere in the United States.
While the coronavirus pandemic has left a large majority of travelers stuck at home, it’s also led to the phenomenally well-heeled escaping to less-populated parts of the world in private planes to avoid the crowds, layovers and germs that come with commercial travel.
Flights will be on board either Bombardier or Gulfstream jets with room for 12 to 16 passengers in addition to the flight attendant on board, according to reporting by Afar, and they’ll take you directly to the island on which you’re staying. Ground transfers from the airport to each property are included with your fare, as well.
All of Four Seasons’ hotels in Hawaii — including the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Four Seasons Resort Lanai and Sensei Lanai, A Four Seasons Resort — are included in the offer. To inquire about pricing and availability, send an email to email@example.com.
Even if you’re flying private into Hawaii, you must satisfy the COVID-19 entry requirements for the state. This means all travelers must present the results of a negative Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) taken through one of Hawaii’s trusted partners no more than 72 hours before arrival.
Elsewhere, other luxury brands are forging relationships with private jet companies to appeal to high-net-worth travelers. Magellan Jets has partnered with the ultra-luxe Amanera resort in the Dominican Republic to give its customers exclusive perks when they arrive at the resort. Magellan clients will be entitled to a private beach dinner, a ceviche cooking class or a rum tasting class for any trips to Amanera booked between now and June 30, 2021.
Travelers to the Dominican Republic do not have to present proof of negative COVID-19 tests upon entering, though may subject to a possible test upon arrival — either by random selection or if you present symptoms of the disease. Additionally, the Dominican Republic is providing a complimentary rapid antigen test for all guests staying at a hotel within the country to comply with the new U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regulations for entering the United States.
As we move through what is hopefully the last phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, travelers with the means to do so will likely continue to turn to private travel to escape lockdowns or just to get away from home for a few days — or weeks. It’s not unreasonable to expect to see more of these private jet and luxury resort collaborations come on to the market as people grow ever more tired of being cooped up in their homes.
Featured image by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees