The Four Seasons is offering private jet transfers to its resorts across Hawaii
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In a bid to woo would-be travelers who are apprehensive about boarding very long and potentially very crowded commercial flights to the Hawaiian Islands, Four Seasons’ portfolio of resorts in Hawaii has partnered with Jet Edge to provide private flights to any one of the Hawaiian Four Seasons Resorts — from anywhere in the United States.
While the coronavirus pandemic has left a large majority of travelers stuck at home, it’s also led to the phenomenally well-heeled escaping to less-populated parts of the world in private planes to avoid the crowds, layovers and germs that come with commercial travel.
Flights will be on board either Bombardier or Gulfstream jets with room for 12 to 16 passengers in addition to the flight attendant on board, according to reporting by Afar, and they’ll take you directly to the island on which you’re staying. Ground transfers from the airport to each property are included with your fare, as well.
All of Four Seasons’ hotels in Hawaii — including the Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea, Four Seasons Resort Oahu at Ko Olina, Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, Four Seasons Resort Lanai and Sensei Lanai, A Four Seasons Resort — are included in the offer. To inquire about pricing and availability, send an email to email@example.com.
Even if you’re flying private into Hawaii, you must satisfy the COVID-19 entry requirements for the state. This means all travelers must present the results of a negative Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) taken through one of Hawaii’s trusted partners no more than 72 hours before arrival.
Elsewhere, other luxury brands are forging relationships with private jet companies to appeal to high-net-worth travelers. Magellan Jets has partnered with the ultra-luxe Amanera resort in the Dominican Republic to give its customers exclusive perks when they arrive at the resort. Magellan clients will be entitled to a private beach dinner, a ceviche cooking class or a rum tasting class for any trips to Amanera booked between now and June 30, 2021.
Travelers to the Dominican Republic do not have to present proof of negative COVID-19 tests upon entering, though may subject to a possible test upon arrival — either by random selection or if you present symptoms of the disease. Additionally, the Dominican Republic is providing a complimentary rapid antigen test for all guests staying at a hotel within the country to comply with the new U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) regulations for entering the United States.
As we move through what is hopefully the last phase of the COVID-19 pandemic, travelers with the means to do so will likely continue to turn to private travel to escape lockdowns or just to get away from home for a few days — or weeks. It’s not unreasonable to expect to see more of these private jet and luxury resort collaborations come on to the market as people grow ever more tired of being cooped up in their homes.
Featured image by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.