The Maldives just got even more exclusive with The Private Island at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If Hilton’s still-new, uber-luxurious Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi wasn’t quite exclusive enough for you, your wish for something with even more panache has been granted.
On Tuesday, Hilton shared the details of “Ithaafushi — The Private Island,” a brand-new hyper-exclusive private-island experience at the Waldorf Astoria.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
This almost-350,000-square-foot private island is the largest of its kind in the Maldives, according to a press release from Hilton, and can accommodate you and 23 of your closest (and luckiest) family members, friends or colleagues.
The Private Island is home to two separate villas as well as one large four-bedroom residence and common living space, known as “Haali,” which means “the nest” in Dhivehi, the local Maldivian language.
One of the freestanding villas is located overwater and has two master bedrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, an infinity pool and a Jacuzzi, among other amenities.
The other villa, a three-bedroom villa has its own direct beach access and two swimming pools.
The main residence, meanwhile, features two king bedrooms, two queen bedrooms, Jacuzzis and direct access to the beach.
If you’re looking for the ultimate get-away-from-it-all vacation, this is the place for you. Your group can elect to have every one of your meals on the island, whether in the form of elegant family-style meals in the common area or within each villa.
Or, you can venture to the main resort to dine at any one of the property’s 10 food-and-beverage venues, which includes Terra, a restaurant that features bamboo dining pods in trees high above the beach. Or try an authentic Australian barbecue at The Ledge, which is helmed by Dave Pynt of the Michelin-starred Burnt Ends restaurant in Singapore.
If you’re lucky enough to find yourself there, you’ll also have access to a whole roster of water-focused activities, such as diving, snorkeling, watersports, yacht excursions and even access to a sand bar in the middle of the ocean that can be set up for private meals, sundowner cocktails or private yoga sessions.
Guests have access to a Wellness Concierge who can set up a range of treatments at the island’s overwater spa meant to promote wellness and help you disconnect and recharge. You’ll also find a “meditation and yoga pavilion,” fully equipped gym providing personal training sessions, swings in the sea, hammocks, sunken lounge chairs, a total of five pools, a giant LED screen for watching movies under the stars and even a dedicated children’s play area and pool — for the luckiest kids alive.
As you’d expect, The Private Island aims to provide the pinnacle in five-star service for only the world’s most discerning travelers. You’ll be welcomed by an entire team of personal concierges ready to anticipate any need or desire you may have while visiting the island.
While you may feel like a world (or two) away from anyone else on the planet, The Private Island is just a short boat ride from the main Waldorf Astoria Ithaafushi Resort, which means you can reach the resort and your private island in under an hour by speedboat or about 15 minutes by seaplane from Velana International Airport (MLE) in Male.
The Maldives is already one of the world’s most remote and exclusive destinations, and it just became even more so with the addition of The Private Island at the Waldorf Astoria Ithaafushi.
Hilton has yet to share what it will cost to book this ultimate private-island escape, nor do we know whether or not you’ll be able to use points for a stay. We’ll update this story with more information as soon as we get it. But with “base” rooms at the main resort regularly going for $1,000+ per night, we can tell you to get your wallet ready — this kind of exclusivity and over-the-top luxury doesn’t come cheap.
Featured image courtesy of Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi — The Private Island
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees