This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s been a rough month for traveling Angelonos. Soon after Priority Pass dropped Campanile from its offerings at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), it announced that it will be removing another restaurant, Barney’s Beanery.
As of Nov. 30, the Mexican eatery located in Terminal 2 will no longer be part of the lounge program.
Over the last few years Priority Pass, which has more than 1,000 airport lounges in its network, started adding restaurants to its offerings. Once Barney’s Beanery leaves, there will be 25 restaurants at US airports accessible with Priority Pass. You’ll normally earn a $28 – $30 credit at these Priority Pass restaurants and can usually bring one guest with you, TPG’s Richard Kerr used his membership to get $53 worth of food and booze at the Sydney Airport. I enjoyed a fantastic breakfast at Bobby Van’s Steakhouse at JFK on a recent early morning flight.
At LAX, Priority Pass will still get you access to PF Changs in the Tom Bradley International Terminal, in addition to the Korean Lounge, Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse and the Alaska Lounge.
It’s unfortunate to see this restaurant go, but for the most part Priority Pass has only expanded where you can eat for free. Let’s hope these two restaurants leaving doesn’t start a trend — Live and Lets Fly speculates that some customers may not be tipping or Priority Pass corporate is slow to reimburse restaurants. You should always tip your server separately since it’s likely they won’t see any of the income from Priority Pass.
A ton of credit cards come with a complimentary Priority Pass membership like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, The Platinum Card® from American Express and the Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express.
For more, check out our in-depth coverage of Priority Pass:
- Everything You Need to Know About the Priority Pass Program
- Priority Pass Adds Another US Restaurant Lounge — Here’s a List of All 26 of Them
- 9 of the Best Priority Pass Lounges Around the World
- Priority Pass Becomes More Valuable, Adds ‘Offers’ to Save on In-Airport Purchases
Featured image by narvikk/Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees