Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at LAX Now Part of Priority Pass
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Over the last few years, the Priority Pass lounge network has been growing by leaps and bounds. With over 1,000 locations worldwide to date, it’s been easy to find a lounge at airports outside of the US, though domestic locations have proved more challenging. Recently, Priority Pass has tried to rectify that disparity by adding non-lounge perks for airport restaurants and bars, with Priority Pass members getting a voucher at these establishments to offset the cost of food and beverages.
Now, the company has made a significant addition to its roster of actual lounges, and in the second-largest city in the US. Starting Monday, the Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse in LAX’s Terminal 2 will become a part of Priority Pass.
It’s important to note that Priority Pass cardholders will not have the same access that Upper Class Virgin Atlantic passengers and elites get at the Clubhouse. Previously, the lounge only opened four hours before Virgin’s first London (LHR) departure, which is normally in the late afternoon after 5pm. Now, Virgin will open the lounge early for Priority Pass members, whose access is restricted to 5am through 12:30pm. This is undoubtedly because Virgin Atlantic is taking advantage of previously unused Clubhouse capacity.
Second, while the Clubhouse normally offers a complimentary full-service menu and open bar, neither of those features will be available during Priority Pass hours. Instead, lounge occupants will get complimentary beer and wine only, along with a cold buffet.
While it’s definitely not the full Clubhouse experience, this is still excellent news for folks with a Priority Pass membership. Since the Virgin America Loft in Terminal 3 closed in May, there have only been two Priority Pass lounges at LAX — the Alaska Airlines Board Room at Terminal 6 and the KAL Lounge in the Tom Bradley Terminal. It’s great to have a new third option, and especially in Terminal 2 which is now occupied by Delta after a major airline reshuffling earlier this year. Other airlines who depart from Terminal 2 are Aer Lingus, Aeromexico, WestJet and of course Virgin Atlantic.
If you’re interested in a Priority Pass membership, you can buy one directly at prioritypass.com. But often a better option is to get one for free as a complimentary benefit of many premium credit cards, including the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the Platinum Card from American Express (See Rates & Fees), the Citi Prestige, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card and others. Even though the annual fees on these cards can run between $450 and $550, that’s only slightly more than buying a full Priority Pass membership, and you’ll get numerous additional benefits with a premium credit card.
For rates and fees of the Platinum Card, please click here.
Featured image by Virgin Atlantic.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees