Another Airport Restaurant is Now Participating in Priority Pass
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
By now, you’re probably familiar with the Priority Pass membership that offers access to over 1,000 airport lounges in more than 500 cities around the world and how you can get it for free with certain premium travel cards such as The Platinum Card® from American Express or the Chase Sapphire Reserve. But, the perks of membership extend beyond just free guest passes for travel companions. The waived fee for Priority Pass lounge access can also be utilized at free-standing restaurants that participate in the program, like the ones we’ve reviewed in Portland and Sydney, where TPG reader Laura has also tested out the dining program.
Priority Pass just announced the newest addition to its non-lounge restaurant partners: Bobby Van’s Steakhouse in Terminal 8 at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York. Terminal 8 — which has no airside connection to other terminals — is primarily utilized for American Airlines flights, although a number of other carriers also operate flights out of the terminal.
As reported at One Mile At A Time, the partnership is likely a creative workaround for Priority Pass in airports where overcrowding is a concern. The program has struggled to negotiate access to certain lounges, and this solution allows members to spend their daily $28 membership stipend on food and drinks at participating restaurants.
Although Bobby Van’s Steakhouse certainly isn’t the first restaurant to join the Priority Pass family, it definitely brings one of the strictest regulations we’ve seen yet: Each member can only bring a maximum of one guest, limiting the total amount of Priority Pass credit available to $56 ($28 per person), which cannot be applied toward tax or tip.
Travelers hoping to visit Bobby Van’s Steakhouse will also need a same-day boarding pass to visit the restaurant utilizing the Priority Pass, although either arrival or departure boarding passes should work.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No delivery fees for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with a DashPass subscription from DoorDash -over a $100 value. Activate with your Chase Sapphire card by December 31, 2021.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.