Parent Fail: Adult Helps Toddler Draw on $100 Million Plane
Flying with kids, especially young toddlers, isn’t always easy. That’s why (most) traveling parents put lots of strategy into what to pack, what toys to bring, where to sit, what airline to fly, etc. Sometimes, despite your best efforts, things don’t go well with toddlers at 36,000 feet. Things might get messy, loud, stinky or worse. That’s life, and hopefully fellow passengers and crew are understanding of situations beyond anyone’s control.
But then there’s this.
This adult (presumably a parent) in the video below posted to Instagram seems to have remembered to pack crayons for the toddler on this flight, but apparently forgot the paper. Or ran out of paper. Or something.
This is not a situation where a child was coloring and accidentally slipped off the paper for a minute, leaving a few errant marks to be dealt with. No, that wouldn’t be nearly enough fun. This situation, recorded for posterity, involves an adult fully supporting (and basically assisting) a toddler with multiple crayons decorating multiple seat-back tray tables on a commercial aircraft.
There is such a thing as washable crayons, and it is theoretically within the realm of possibility that this adult-in-charge cleaned the tray tables before leaving the aircraft, but still… Please don’t color the 100-million-dollar A320 with crayons. Try some of the tips in this guide to flying with kids instead.
While we’re at it, letting a child use a training potty in the middle of the airplane is also a very bad idea.
H/T to Passenger Shaming via View From the Wing.
Featured image by Allen Donikowski / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees