This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying with kids, especially young toddlers, isn’t always easy. That’s why (most) traveling parents put lots of strategy into what to pack, what toys to bring, where to sit, what airline to fly, etc. Sometimes, despite your best efforts, things don’t go well with toddlers at 36,000 feet. Things might get messy, loud, stinky or worse. That’s life, and hopefully fellow passengers and crew are understanding of situations beyond anyone’s control.
But then there’s this.
This adult (presumably a parent) in the video below posted to Instagram seems to have remembered to pack crayons for the toddler on this flight, but apparently forgot the paper. Or ran out of paper. Or something.
This is not a situation where a child was coloring and accidentally slipped off the paper for a minute, leaving a few errant marks to be dealt with. No, that wouldn’t be nearly enough fun. This situation, recorded for posterity, involves an adult fully supporting (and basically assisting) a toddler with multiple crayons decorating multiple seat-back tray tables on a commercial aircraft.
There is such a thing as washable crayons, and it is theoretically within the realm of possibility that this adult-in-charge cleaned the tray tables before leaving the aircraft, but still… Please don’t color the 100-million-dollar A320 with crayons. Try some of the tips in this guide to flying with kids instead.
While we’re at it, letting a child use a training potty in the middle of the airplane is also a very bad idea.
H/T to Passenger Shaming via View From the Wing.
Featured image by Allen Donikowski / Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
LIMITED TIME OFFER: 70,000 Miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $980
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2x miles on AA purchases plus 2x miles at gas stations and at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers and car rental merchants. Get your first checked bag free.
- Designed for businesses
- For a limited time: Earn 70,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after making $4,000 in purchases in first 4 months of account opening*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries to reduce travel costs and boost your bottom line*
- 25% savings on American Airlines inflight Wi-Fi when you use your card*
- Enjoy preferred boarding on American Airlines flights*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles per $1 spent on purchases at telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rental merchants and at gas stations*
- Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile per $1 spent on other purchases*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees*