This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying with kids, especially young toddlers, isn’t always easy. That’s why (most) traveling parents put lots of strategy into what to pack, what toys to bring, where to sit, what airline to fly, etc. Sometimes, despite your best efforts, things don’t go well with toddlers at 36,000 feet. Things might get messy, loud, stinky or worse. That’s life, and hopefully fellow passengers and crew are understanding of situations beyond anyone’s control.
But then there’s this.
This adult (presumably a parent) in the video below posted to Instagram seems to have remembered to pack crayons for the toddler on this flight, but apparently forgot the paper. Or ran out of paper. Or something.
This is not a situation where a child was coloring and accidentally slipped off the paper for a minute, leaving a few errant marks to be dealt with. No, that wouldn’t be nearly enough fun. This situation, recorded for posterity, involves an adult fully supporting (and basically assisting) a toddler with multiple crayons decorating multiple seat-back tray tables on a commercial aircraft.
There is such a thing as washable crayons, and it is theoretically within the realm of possibility that this adult-in-charge cleaned the tray tables before leaving the aircraft, but still… Please don’t color the 100-million-dollar A320 with crayons. Try some of the tips in this guide to flying with kids instead.
While we’re at it, letting a child use a training potty in the middle of the airplane is also a very bad idea.
H/T to Passenger Shaming via View From the Wing.
Featured image by Allen Donikowski / Getty Images
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees