Parent Fail: Adult Helps Toddler Draw on $100 Million Plane
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flying with kids, especially young toddlers, isn’t always easy. That’s why (most) traveling parents put lots of strategy into what to pack, what toys to bring, where to sit, what airline to fly, etc. Sometimes, despite your best efforts, things don’t go well with toddlers at 36,000 feet. Things might get messy, loud, stinky or worse. That’s life, and hopefully fellow passengers and crew are understanding of situations beyond anyone’s control.
But then there’s this.
This adult (presumably a parent) in the video below posted to Instagram seems to have remembered to pack crayons for the toddler on this flight, but apparently forgot the paper. Or ran out of paper. Or something.
This is not a situation where a child was coloring and accidentally slipped off the paper for a minute, leaving a few errant marks to be dealt with. No, that wouldn’t be nearly enough fun. This situation, recorded for posterity, involves an adult fully supporting (and basically assisting) a toddler with multiple crayons decorating multiple seat-back tray tables on a commercial aircraft.
There is such a thing as washable crayons, and it is theoretically within the realm of possibility that this adult-in-charge cleaned the tray tables before leaving the aircraft, but still… Please don’t color the 100-million-dollar A320 with crayons. Try some of the tips in this guide to flying with kids instead.
While we’re at it, letting a child use a training potty in the middle of the airplane is also a very bad idea.
H/T to Passenger Shaming via View From the Wing.
Featured image by Allen Donikowski / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.